Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Counterstrike

Cool! These are the servers i play the most:

66.150.165.144:27015 (WAZZU CS 1.5)
    216.34.201.66:27015 (Grant's CS 1.5 OC-12)
    12.110.84.74:27015 (Thugserver - Seattle)
    129.101.19.158:27015 (seattle liquid ph33r | warcraft iii )

These are all West Coast servers. Wazzu, thugserver and liquid pheer are all in seattle and grant's is in LA. BTW my screen name is............ [KoN]DraKulA

2. Games   -   #32
    Jayhawk
    I have just started to play i have been playing for about a week. getting better but there are still lots i would like to learn anyone have any good tips that they dont mind sharing?

3. Games   -   #33
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    The best tips I can think of, here we go.

1. Watch other people alot, when ur dead, in 1st person, pay attention to the good ones, the ones with the highest kill to death ratios.... watch their movements, how they shoot guns, places they position themselves in, how they help their teamates, routes they take, etc.

2. Watch demos of league matches, and what not. You can learn alot of map strats from these, etc... search for like, cal i demos, and what not.
    Gotfrag has good ones
    Sogamed has alot too
    use geekplay to play them, or put " -console" and the end of your game shortcut... then hit "`" (the tilda key), to bring it down. Then u can watch demos from there, by typing, playdemo xxxxx (the demo name)

3. Be quiet... maybe this should be the most important. People run way to much in Public servers, way way way too much. Silence is so important... so walk when ever possible, especially when its just vs x amount of guys. Cuz when u run, and with a good soundcard, or headset, people can hear you half way across the map... and get the general idea of ur position.

4. DONT SPRAY! Your gun that is... use controlled bursts.... 2-3 shots with the AK-47... and 3-4 with the M4 colt. (ie, these are the best two rifles, not including sniper rifles, ak and colt, for t and ct respectively) these are mainly what you should use, when u can afford them... less you like to snipe... more on that soon. The best cheap gun... the Mp5 navy... its fast, not so powerfull, but its hard for ur oppenent to shoot u, while getting shot with it... many think it sucks, but one on one, its great.

5. Positioning. If your position is made, MOVE! I see so many noobs, and kill so many... cuz they will peak... from some corner, or bridge, or box... and then peak back from the same spot! thats very bad.... same if your sniping... u take a shot from some where... move before ur second shot, if u may have been seen... or they will be ready for the 2nd shot.

6. Shooting while moving is bad, for the most part... the only guns that are just ass accurate while moving are the shotguns... (i know this sounds strange, but its true, there was a huge cs report a while back, with tons of tests, and what not... and this is FACT). So as u strafe left and right, pause, shoot a burst, and move again...

7. Spam walls, and door... ie, controlled spray them... double doors on aztec... boxes... anything people can be behind, or come from... shoot them randomly...u can get lucky often.... of course, thats for the guns that do go threw wall... they are, the deagle pistol/night hawk, and every rifle.... none of the submachine guns, or any of the other pistols can. The machine gun, para, also goes through walls.

8. If you snipe with the awp... which most learn after some time, it is the best over all gun... make sure u use quick switch... the q button, (though i bind mine to mouse 4)... you shoot your awp... quick switch to your pistol, and then back... (so for default, q twice, fast), it will go to ur pistol, then back to the awp... and will skip the awp chambering of the bullet animation... make the reload for the rifle faster... also, quick switching after each shot is good, cuz with ur pistol, u move faster then u do with ur awp out..... so u take an awp shot, quick switch ur pistol, strafe out of the way faster, switch back, and shoot again.

9. overall, have fun, its a game, too many people in the community take it way too seriously, and get bent... also... be carefull calling out hackers, or not, ya theres alot... but theres also some amazing people out there... i get called hax all the time... and I am just better then average... some of the best players in the world could seem like hax, but they arent, they are just damn good.

10. Tweak out your rates and settings, read tutorials via google, on counter strike tweaks, etc... gamma, and brightness should be set to like 6, helps u see better, better rates and what not too.

11. oh ya, get a mic too, if u dont have one, it really adds to the experience...

4. Games   -   #34
    Jayhawk
    hey thanks

5. Games   -   #35
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    Not a problem... there needs to be more tutorials for the new peeps, so I sigh and bitch and moan less in game while playing with them, hehe...

But seriously, nothing will beat experience, just play and play... the calls of "nooby", and what not are a given.. but in time... you will come around... dont let people get down on you when you fuck up... just remember your mistakes, and learn from them. GL, and HF! (good luck, and have fun, as we all say at the start of matches)

6. Games   -   #36
    Poster
    Most of the methods you use in CS is self-learnt, then naturally applied. It depends on the people you play with, mostly. For instance, you may get accustomed to a weapon and use it all the time, but I always suggest versatility so you can own even with a mp5 when you're downright broke.

I don't have much of tips. Most of the times, you see what others do, their strats and movements etc. You try to imitate the good ones, and the one that works well for you the most, you master the technique.

I think I attained the highest lvl of AK47 in my pathetic list of arsenal (m4a1, awps, usp, deagle)...
    7/10 = headshots .

But sometimes you get your bad days...
    Hope this helps.

7. Games   -   #37
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    nice tips
    but i think im advancing from noob to ametuer

8. Games   -   #38
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    ok im decent enough for one on ones now
    anyone up for a game?

9. Games   -   #39
    Twist3r
    this is off topic but...

my friend god banned from 75% of the servers because he got so good everyone thought he was cheating and he wasn't becuase i was at his house watching him play and theres no scripts or anything on his counterstrike....

i just thought that was interesting and you guys might think that too....

by the way his CS name is Zellgadis

ps Counter strike 2 for xbox in gonna be cool!

10. Games   -   #40
    Jayhawk
    i havent played CS for over a month now the little skills i was getting are going by real quick

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast