Thread: Kirby Puckett....Barry Bonds

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    What did Willie Mays do/take?

yo

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    That fact you don't know proves my point.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    ...and what point does that prove again?

It certainly doesn't change my stance on the drug issue in sports. I don't care who took what. Until these players start realizing that the people are fed up with them and their actions, nothing will change.

If Willie Mays took something, it's a bit hard to prove at this point unless he's admitting to it. Perhaps he took steroids back then and then passed the practice of using it on to his nephew.

yo

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Mays was the best player I've ever seen.

660 drug-free home-runs, too.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #35

It certainly doesn't change my stance on the drug issue in sports. I don't care who took what. Until these players start realizing that the people are fed up with them and their actions, nothing will change.

If Willie Mays took something, it's a bit hard to prove at this point unless he's admitting to it. Perhaps he took steroids back then and then passed the practice of using it on to his nephew.
    Yes he admitted it. So do we expunge his record or what?

Many seem to miss a logistical point here.

1. Performance enhancers aren't just steroids.

2. Drug test is positive for a player. He gets suspended. You don't know how long he's been on drugs to expunge a record.

3. Drug test is negative for a player. However, a bunch people say he took drugs. How do you expunge a record based on "he said so"?

4. If you are going to expunge records, why are steroids the only group that makes the cut for the reason for it.

I didn't hear shit about this when Mark McGwire hit those HRs and admitted to taking Andro and baseball was the only major sport to allow it.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-12-2006 at 01:08 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

2. Drug test is positive for a player. He gets suspended. You don't know how long he's been on drugs to expunge a record.

3. Drug test is negative for a player. However, a bunch people say he took drugs. How do you expunge a record based on "he said so"?

4. If you are going to expunge records, why are steroids the only group that makes the cut for the reason for it.

I didn't hear shit about this when Mark McGwire hit those HRs and admitted to taking Andro and baseball was the only major sport to allow it.
    1. I never said it was limited to roids.

2. You don't just expunge the record while the player has been on the dope. You wipe the stats/records of that players entire professional career. I know it seems harsh, but it will get the job done and that's the point. I don't want to hear any boo-hoo'ing because we're telling them publicly and contractually - 'If you do this, this will happen.'

3. We convict criminals and sentence their lives based on witness accounts, we can't do it for a player in sports?

4. I never said steroids would be the only drug group. The league needs to establish a sensible list of drugs that they will not tolerate and hold the players to keeping clean.

yo

7. Sports Club   -   #37

1. I never said it was limited to roids.

2. You don't just expunge the record while the player has been on the dope. You wipe the stats/records of that players entire professional career. I know it seems harsh, but it will get the job done and that's the point. I don't want to hear any boo-hoo'ing because we're telling them publicly and contractually - 'If you do this, this will happen.'

3. We convict criminals and sentence their lives based on witness accounts, we can't do it for a player in sports?

4. I never said steroids would be the only drug group. The league needs to establish a sensible list of drugs that they will not tolerate and hold the players to keeping clean.
    1. I never said YOU did.

2. Funny I never heard this before Barry Bonds...ya know....erasing history. I guess Ricky Williams entire professional history should be erased? That's mad talk.

3. Are you nuts? There's a way of doing things in professional sports. It goes with a CONTRACT. For instne Mark McGwire was given a free pass when he admitted to using andro 'cause it wasn't banned by baseball per CONTRACT.
    So if eight people said Barry Bonds used steroids and the CONTRACT has no provision for "he said" then STFU. Absent a positive drug test, STFU.

4. That's already been done. Again not a peep heard before about expunging records.

Tbh, as far as getting the job done, it has been done. Stiffen the penalty to being suspended for the year or getting permanently booted from the league.

A player would be mad to use steroids now. I would almost think he was slipped the stuff at this point.

You seem to be quite ignorant of baseball's upper management roll in the steroid fiasco.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I am quite uninformed. Nonetheless, I'm merely stating my opinion on the matter.

I guess Ricky Williams entire professional history should be erased?
    I hardly consider pot a "performance enhancing drug". That is what the thread is about.

yo

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    I am quite uninformed. Nonetheless, I'm merely stating my opinion on the matter.

I guess Ricky Williams entire professional history should be erased?
    I hardly consider pot a "performance enhancing drug". That is what the thread is about.
    I must agree. I'd consider weed is a performance reducer not enhancer.

Quite informed? Maybe so but you sing the same tune for recent stuff but are in contradiction with stuff before it.

You are willing to erase anyone's record based on "he said" although the expunging goes against the rules of the game. I bet you think congessional hearings were a good idea too.

Sounds rather dumb.

You all make a stink about a fella hitting the ball outta the park 'cause he's artificially stronger yet I hear I shit about the fella who was on coke or amphetamines that had faster reaction time, even ran faster, or took more chances ftw.

Sound like bullshit to men or maybe it's only because Bonds is breaking records.

Notice I said Bonds. Not Mark or Raphael. Mark made the admission about andro and nothing. Record solidified. Oh but andro wasn't banned per CONTRACT. Oh well "he said" isn't in there either.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-12-2006 at 08:15 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

I must agree. I'd consider weed is a performance reducer not enhancer.

Quite informed? Maybe so but you sing the same tune for recent stuff but are in contradiction with stuff before it.
    I believe I said I was uninformed.

yo

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast