Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is demonoid down.

MsBrooke's Avatar Member
    I am downloading now bt my ration is getting screwed up (I have been seeding a file two days now and no credit). When the site is down do you lose tracker credit?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    demonoid has an odd tracker setup
    it only updates ur stats after ur client announces to STOPPED announcement to the tracker.
    i.e. to send ur stats, when ur done downloading/uploading, "stop" the torrent(not pause), and wait a few minutes to make sure it sends.
    also, demonoid sometimes dont update ur stats for a couple days.
    the site says 24 hours, but i tend to find it being longer.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    I'm still getting that message about them doing maintenance
    I hope it doesn't take too long.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    demonoid does not update stats (and does not kick you out either).I've had the same ratio for several months while I've upped a lot of things (I've stopped now. I almost don't use it)...
    torrents are of course not seeded very long. whether you leech or seed it does not matter...

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Demonoid sucks in comparsion to just about every private tracker that doesn't suck completley.
    If you're looking for a site that has a better interface then demonoid, but more torrents then torrentspy go to ISOHUNT, they just grab everything off every tracker.
    Of course none of those compare to private trackers in terms of speed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Donīt talk shit....about Demonoid. I find īD very boring...

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    truthseeker
    I disagree with everyone bashing demonoid. I use Torrent Harvester to search for torrents across hundreds of torrent sites and many results are from demonoid, even for old torrents, and they are still active. Even though the download speed is not fast, I can still get old stuff not available anywhere else. I stocked up on resume and career torrents recently through demonoid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234