Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: T.O. signs with the Cowboys

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

As usual, you misapprehend.

It is the liberal contingent (such as yourself) who believe either that humans are perfectable, or, given their imperfections, that these be overlooked.

No it isn't.

I believe detrimental imperfection ought to be re-assigned, rehabilitated or punished.

See below.

You might look upon this post as a "crack" for your otherwise misbegotten program.

Wtf are you talking about?

Just drag and drop, Busyman. Wtf are you talking about?
    He got punished in Philly. His behavior lost him his bonus (I think 5 mil).

What would your remedy had been...suspended for 5 years for not getting along? He did his job on the field and had a big mouth off of it.

Also what do think of the rule about no end zone celebrations?
    I think he was supremely stupid in his handling of the situation in Philly; he was warned at every juncture of the implications and ramifications of his actions, including possible forfeiture of his bonus, yet he persisted.

It's like if someone offers you a beer, and, when you say no, thanks, pissing and moaning when you aren't handed a beer.

He was so enamored of his "principles", he overlooked that others might feel the same about their own.

In any case, he's right; someone will always want him...until no one wants him anymore.

One can't help but recall Jeff George.

End zone celebrations are like commercials; every hundredth one of them is entertaining.

Such attention-seeking behavior is no-class.

I don't care for them, but in the larger scheme, the touchdown has been made, and I'm off to the fridge for a cold one, or to the bathroom for a piss.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #52
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    He got punished in Philly. His behavior lost him his bonus (I think 5 mil).

What would your remedy had been...suspended for 5 years for not getting along? He did his job on the field and had a big mouth off of it.

Also what do think of the rule about no end zone celebrations?
    I think he was supremely stupid in his handling of the situation in Philly; he was warned at every juncture of the implications and ramifications of his actions, including possible forfeiture of his bonus, yet he persisted.

It's like if someone offers you a beer, and, when you say no, thanks, pissing and moaning when you aren't handed a beer.

He was so enamored of his "principles", he overlooked that others might feel the same about their own.

In any case, he's right; someone will always want him...until no one wants him anymore.

End zone celebrations are like commercials; every hundredth one of them is entertaining.

I don't care for them, but in the larger scheme, the touchdown has been made, and I'm off to the fridge for a cold one, or to the bathroom for a piss.
    I think they cool.....most of them.

Ones like Randy Moss fake mooning the crowd are of no taste. I think it's ridiculous to say a player can't dance or twirl a ball in the end zone. Most of them are not disrespectful in any way.

In fact I think it's the biggest bullshit since the time when they had instant replay and didn't use it.

Oh and that's bullshit. Right after a touchdown you are still right there in your La-Z-Boy...everyone stays for the instant replay of a score...even if it's the opposing team.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-01-2006 at 06:33 PM.

3. Sports Club   -   #53

Ones like Randy Moss fake mooning the crowd are of no taste. I think it's ridiculous to say a player can't dance or twirl a ball in the end zone. Most of them are not disrespectful in any way.

In fact I think it's the biggest bullshit since the time when they had instant replay and didn't use it.

Oh and that's bullshit. Right after a touchdown you are still right there in your La-Z-Boy...everyone stays for the instant replay of a score...even if it's the opposing team.
    You've chosen (for once) to ignore my reference to T.O.

I take it then that you submit to my superior reasoning and proper conclusion.

As to that last, you are quite wrong.

I don't care for a replay of what I just saw, and if it's warranted, they're gonna play it some more after the break, anyway.

Occasionally I've come back after the break only to discover someone's missed the PAT.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #54

No. They went to the Superbowl. What trouble he caused was public record. TO is an asshole. So is Keyshawn. Those aren't new to football or any sport for that matter. You haven't posted a revelation.

I don't care for a replay of what I just saw, and if it's warranted, they're gonna play it some more after the break, anyway.

Occasionally I've come back after the break only to discover someone's missed the PAT.
    Hmm, that's weird....

First off, PATs are rarely missed.

Also I wasn't talking about a break. I was talking about a TD. Everyone I know waits to see if there was controversy regarding the TD or simply see the great play again. It's very weird that you would, as soon as the TD is scored, just up and hit the pisser right after the ref raises his hands.

I mean RIGHT after the TD is scored, the player might do a dance or high-five a teammate. I wonder would high-fives be cool. It sure is a celebration. The replay is immediately after that. You must drink alota beer, speedy.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-01-2006 at 07:39 PM.

5. Sports Club   -   #55

No. They went to the Superbowl. What trouble he caused was public record. TO is an asshole. So is Keyshawn. Those aren't new to football or any sport for that matter. You haven't posted a revelation.

Hmm, that's weird....

Also I wasn't talking about a break. I was talking about a TD. Everyone I know waits to see if there was controversy regarding the TD or simply see the great play again. It's very weird that you would, as soon as the TD is scored, just up and hit the pisser right after the ref raises his hands.

I mean RIGHT after the TD is scored, the player might do a dance or high-five a teammate. I wonder would high-fives be cool. It sure is a celebration. The replay is immediately after that. You must drink alota beer, speedy.
    I wasn't trying to be relevatory; neither was I trying overly-hard to rehabilitate T.O.'s value, as you seem to be doing.

As to assholes, you are right on that score; I've had mine for years.

Actually, I don't drink beer while watching football; I lied.

The point is that my eyes have other things to do, and points are not (yet) awarded for end zone celebrations.

I high-five or a spike is fine, but T.O. with a Sharpie?

T.O. streaking to midfield to lay the ball on Dallas's helmet?

Daunte Culpepper doing his klutzy fat-man dance?

The asshole with the cellphone?

I can't even stand the Packers jumping into the stands.

It's all tomfoolery.

Bring Back Barry!

Class-fact.

-Mark Twain

6. Sports Club   -   #56
    Hmm, that's weird....

I wasn't trying to be relevatory; neither was I trying overly-hard to rehabilitate T.O.'s value, as you seem to be doing.

As to assholes, you are right on that score; I've had mine for years.

TMI.

Actually, I don't drink beer while watching football; I lied.

The point is that my eyes have other things to do, and points are not (yet) awarded for end zone celebrations.

I high-five or a spike is fine, but T.O. with a Sharpie?

T.O. streaking to midfield to lay the ball on Dallas's helmet?

Daunte Culpepper doing his klutzy fat-man dance?

The asshole with the cellphone?

I can't even stand the Packers jumping into the stands.

It's all tomfoolery.

Bring Back Barry!

Class-fact.
    I have to agree that some of those you mentioned were shit celebrations. However, the multitude of end zone celebrations are not that bad whatsoever.

A player dancing in the end zone is nothing to penalize a team for. A player jumping up to hug the fans isn't bad either. I'm sure the fans like it.

Oh and regarding your beer piss...I figured you were lying.

I don't need to rehabilitate TO's value. He plays football extremely well. I think he's a loud mouth shit person. So is Ron Artest in basketball (now of Sacremento) Keyshawn Johnson, and Shawn Taylor of the Redskins.

A player shouldn't call his teammates out in public..you know like Peyton Manning did when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh.

7. Sports Club   -   #57
    A player shouldn't call his teammates out in public..you know like Peyton Manning did when the Colts lost to Pittsburgh.
    Yeah.

That was cheesy, and I think much less of him for that.

-Mark Twain

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456