View Poll Results: How would you rate it

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comedy Genius

7 53.85%
  • Very Good, I'd go out my way to see it.

2 15.38%
  • It's OK, I'll watch it if it's on

1 7.69%
  • Not very good, I wouldn't bother

1 7.69%
  • Hyped-up Pish

0 0%
  • Other, Please discuss.

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I'm talking about the original UK version.

I quite like the US one as well, but the characters and situations are entirely different. The whole chemistry of how it works is different so it's not really the same programme.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    eternal

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    It took me a while to get in to the Uk office version, but when you do it's very amusing. I've not watched the american version so i can't pass comment

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I love the UK Office.

The US version is actually pretty funny too, but it feels like a standard sitcom compared to the original which had more of a quasi-documentary feel.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillian

The US version is actually pretty funny too, but it feels like a standard sitcom compared to the original which had more of a quasi-documentary feel.
    Well put, I couldn't agree more.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    I love the show...simply brilliant! I am equally enamored of the American version. I remember many on this forum bashing the American Office after watching only the pilot episode. The show gained it's footing after the first few episodes.

JPaul,I agree. While the American version seems like a faithfull copy on paper it doesn't play out the same way on the screen. Which is great...the show is much better when it strives for originality and doesn't try to be a carbon copy of the original.

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 03-21-2006 at 07:33 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    I love the show...simply brilliant! I am equally enamored of the American version. I remember many on this forum bashing the American Office after watching only the pilot episode. The show gained it's footing after the first few episodes.

JPaul,I agree. While, the American version seems like a faithfull copy on paper it doesn't play out the same way on the screen. Which is great...the show is much better when it strives for originality and doesn't try and be a carbon copy of the brithish show.

Peace bd
    I agree The Office got much better after the pilot. I absolutely hated the pilot.

The episode where they play basketball in stock room was excellent. Also the one (I think the second epsiode) where the diversity training guy came in. I loved it.

It's weird though that the brat version went only 2 short seasons but was a hit over there.

Plus it seems the second season of the American version will have a regular American season with about 21 episodes. Sweet!

If I miss a show though it's no big deal. It's not 24, Lost, or The Shield or anything.

If you like The Office check out Sons & Daughters. It's partially improv'd as well.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-21-2006 at 07:42 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It's weird though that the brat version went only 2 short seasons but was a hit over there.
    It's not really that weird.

Most of the very best UK comedy shows are only a few seasons long - so they don't get stale. The writers dictate to the network, not vice-versa.

Ricky Gervais just decided that he couldn't make another series as funny as the previous two and it would be better to stop.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Ricky Gervais just decided that he couldn't make another series as funny as the previous two and it would be better to stop.
    Speaking about that guy, what of Extras? Is it any good?

10. Lounge   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    [quote=manker]
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    There is a German version...as well? I'll have to check it out. (I hope
    there are nazis! )

Peace bd

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast