Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IP strangeness

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    So we would have to find a computer that connects to the local network at UM, and has a regular connection, and convince them to load and run this program?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    Probably not. "another waste client with a reachable listening port" could the waste client running on your computer provided that if you have a firewall or connection sharing box you configure them to allow your waste client to receive incomign connections.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Does the encryption have to be used since if not maybe something like SoulSeek would serve better. As I recall it can connect fine in cases where only one end is open. Apps such as IRC and others may work though may be more difficult to setup. Think using tthat application in this situation may be difficult. If its a must to use encryption you may take a look at Filetopia as it has encrytion and recall can connect with only one end open also. It may allow what your trying to do and be much easier to setup...
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-23-2006 at 10:07 PM.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    GreyBear's Avatar Member
    It seems that theres no way around the firewall... and yes its a school firewall.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    1mane's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    If you're connecting through a NAT router, or browsing via a proxy they will be different

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12