Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Software to remotely download torrents

Ok here it is, please give it a try and let me know if there are any issues. Download from http://bouncingknee.com/?page_id=27

Heres how it works (also on web link)

1. Install program and set your POP mail server settings
    2. Set how often it should check email for torrents
    3. Set the keyword it should look for in the email to signify a torrent was sent by you.
    4. Press the start button.

5. Send yourself a torrent file via email and in the subject type anything as long as the keyword is contained in it, for e.g. if keyword is ".torrent" then subjectline can be ".torrent" or "just a random subject line .torrent". This is in case someone else emails you a .torrent file the program wont start downloading it (malicious files for e.g)
    6. The program should see the new email come in and automatically download and start the .torrent download.

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Surely its easier to use Swing UI or WebUI plugins for Azuerus. They also allow for more functionality

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    absolutely, if you use azureus thats the way to go, however I prefer utorrent and there isnt a web interface....so far.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I use a the official command-line bittorrent client in a *nix machine. It scans for torrent files in a folder that you specify. So I just need to drop the file in that folder and I pick the downloaded at home.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ymee
    absolutely, if you use azureus thats the way to go, however I prefer utorrent and there isnt a web interface....so far.
    Then I guess its a useful app

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer uTorrent?
    H'eeeeeeeey

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_231
    Surely its easier to use Swing UI or WebUI plugins for Azuerus. They also allow for more functionality
    utorent are currently beta testing a webui feature
    given the speed of utorrent development, expect out it next month

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Guinness Addict
    Azureus + WebUI plugin = job done

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Maybe you should just add a filter so it accepts only torrents from your mail for safety...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    email your work email with an invitation for remote access, this works w/ all xp home and xp pro users and you'll remotely be on your p.c.

I like this the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast