Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I view only new posts since last visit

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    There already is a "Mark Forums Read" link.

Look in the center of the divider bar near the bottom of the forum index.
    Meant on the the page generated when you click New Posts which was the basis of this thread. Seems to make sense to have a Mark Forums Read at the bottom of that page. That way after your done scrolling though New Posts its there. Anyway its done now...
    Ah. I see it now. Makes sense.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Yes, thank you, I've just found the Mark Forums Read button, which presumably will kill off the stuff I've read so it can start afresh next time.

I had expected it to know which were the posts made since the time of your last visit, as other forums do, and thus save you the trouble of finding the Mark Forums Read button each time. Oh well.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by nerval
    Yes, thank you, I've just found the Mark Forums Read button, which presumably will kill off the stuff I've read so it can start afresh next time.

I had expected it to know which were the posts made since the time of your last visit, as other forums do, and thus save you the trouble of finding the Mark Forums Read button each time. Oh well.
    Well, it's a new vBulletin feature that actually remembers every single view so it shows everything you haven't read, sort of like eMail how it tells you which are unread rather than which ones are new since the last time you checked.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    I see rossco.
    Problem is, if I don't read them the first time, it's cos I don't want to.
    But then that makes it tricky if I DO want to read something, but haven't the time, so daren't shut the window in case I can't find it again.
    So I guess whatever the system, it won't be right for everybody all the time.

Still, nothing spoiled, no lives lost, I know what to do now.
    I wasn't complaining btw, just asking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12