Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Electro expert needed

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Here in the UK it appears wiring has to drop vertically to wall sockets and switches downstairs and rise vertically to them upstairs.
    I haven't hit a cable yet (in 20-odd years), though many years ago Mrs Chewie asked our neighbour (a builder) to put up a kitchen cupboard while I was at work, and he went straight through the ring main about 3" above a socket.
    I wouldn't know about plumbing in the walls, cos every place I've lived in has had it inside its own enclosure.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. Lounge   -   #12
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    unless you tell the electrician to "think" about where to put the wiring in "consideration" to those that live there - eg put the wires not where people handg doodles, if not he with his high priced desert takes the the shortest route

3. Lounge   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by zedaxax
    unless you tell the electrician to "think" about where to put the wiring in "consideration" to those that live there - eg put the wires not where people handg doodles, if not he with his high priced desert takes the the shortest route
    You lost me at handg doodles.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Here in the UK it appears wiring has to drop vertically to wall sockets and switches downstairs and rise vertically to them upstairs.
    I haven't hit a cable yet (in 20-odd years), though many years ago Mrs Chewie asked our neighbour (a builder) to put up a kitchen cupboard while I was at work, and he went straight through the ring main about 3" above a socket.
    I wouldn't know about plumbing in the walls, cos every place I've lived in has had it inside its own enclosure.
    Kitchens are a wee bit more difficult, with all the power points at different heights scattered all over the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12