Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp

Well mine arrived. I've got UMD Emulator V0.8C on there and i've put two ISO's on there. When i run EMD Emu it comes up fine and lets me select the ISO but as soon as i click X to select which one it kinda freezes, i can no longer use the up and down to select a different ISO and no buttons work?

Anyone got any ideas? It is 1.5 btw. So far i've tried Burnout and Football Manager.

EDIT: Ahhhh do i need some type of UMD disc in the PSP? If so thats a bit of a bastard as i don't have any right now.

Does any emulator work without a UMD in there? I just wanna test a game today.

So far i got that PMP video thing working fine. I need to find a decent place to get loads of homebrew stuff.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-21-2006 at 07:52 PM.

2. Games   -   #32
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Well mine arrived. I've got UMD Emulator V0.8C on there and i've put two ISO's on there. When i run EMD Emu it comes up fine and lets me select the ISO but as soon as i click X to select which one it kinda freezes, i can no longer use the up and down to select a different ISO and no buttons work?

Anyone got any ideas? It is 1.5 btw. So far i've tried Burnout and Football Manager.

EDIT: Ahhhh do i need some type of UMD disc in the PSP? If so thats a bit of a bastard as i don't have any right now.

So far i got that PMP video thing working fine. I need to find a decent place to get loads of homebrew stuff.
    What ISO are you trying to load? And what settings are you using? Remember most ISO's run with System Menu, but then you need a UMD inside, there are a bunch that run with Direct Load also, where you don't need a UMD. Didn't you get a sampler UMD?

What ISO are you trying to load? Also, make sure you installed UMDemu correctly, there should be 2 folders in the GAME folder, and one in the root of your memory stick.

EDIT: browser,
    If you downgrade to 1.5 you won't have the Sony web browser anymore. You'd need to use a homebrew browser, like the Fired Up one. The Sony one is much better, but it's 2.0+ only. Why would you want to browse the web on a PSP anyway?

EDIT: Burnout runs fine with System Menu, but then you need any UMD, I don't know about Football Manager.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 04-21-2006 at 09:31 PM.

3. Games   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy

What ISO are you trying to load? And what settings are you using? Remember most ISO's run with System Menu, but then you need a UMD inside, there are a bunch that run with Direct Load also, where you don't need a UMD. Didn't you get a sampler UMD?

What ISO are you trying to load? Also, make sure you installed UMDemu correctly, there should be 2 folders in the GAME folder, and one in the root of your memory stick.

EDIT: browser,
    If you downgrade to 1.5 you won't have the Sony web browser anymore. You'd need to use a homebrew browser, like the Fired Up one. The Sony one is much better, but it's 2.0+ only. Why would you want to browse the web on a PSP anyway?

EDIT: Burnout runs fine with System Menu, but then you need any UMD, I don't know about Football Manager.
    I didn't get a sample UMD no. What do you mean by System Menu Mode

Any chance you could explain how to do it? Also do you know any game that loads without a UMD disc in the PSP. I have most of the PSP games now so i should have 1 if you know 1.

Im just using the normal settings in UMDemo, havn't changed anything.

4. Games   -   #34
    Ok, your really gonna need a sampler UMD, or any UMD in the future...

Ok, I'm assuming you installed UMDemu correctly, with the 2 folders in the GAME folder and the UMDemulator folder in the root of your memory stick:

And your ISO's are the the ISO folder. Good.

Take one of the following games:
    Infected
    Hot Shots Golf
    Lumines
    Marvel Nemesis
    MediEvil
    Metal Gear Acid
    Namco Museum
    MVP Baseball

These load with Direct Load, no UMD needed (at least I don't think so). Just to name a few. Open UMD emulator, for the settings, put:

CPU: 222mhz
    ISO emulation mode: Direct Load
    Disctype ISO: Game
    Disctype UMD: Game
    Updater: Remove
    Everything else: Off

Pick one of those ISOs, and see what happens.

5. Games   -   #35
    Cheers, im gonna give that a go in about 10 minutes. GTA has nearly copied and i was gonna give that a go then i'll try a few of those direct load games.

6. Games   -   #36
    Yeah I don't think you need a UMD for GTA, remember to use System Menu for emulation mode, and once your back at the PSP's menu, go to Game > MPH Game Loader.

7. Games   -   #37
    I still don't understand what you mean by 'remember to use System Menu for emulation mode'.

Whats system menu? Where do i use and how do i activate it?

8. Games   -   #38
    mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    When you start UMDemu there's a list of things you can change if you highlight it and press left or right, right? Well on the second item, press left/right till you find 'system menu' and then go back to the bottom and click the iso you want to load. You'll find yourself back at the psp's main menu screen. Then just launch MPH Gamer Loader and the iso should launch.

Not all isos load this way mind, but that should be how GTA loads (i STILL haven't played it yet >_< )

9. Games   -   #39
    Open UmdEmulator 0.8c, you get a screen with a green backround, a list of options at the top, and a list of ISO's to load at the bottom. Correct?

At the top, the 2nd option is Emulation Mode. You go up to it, and press left or right to change the setting. Your choices are

Direct Load = attempts to load the ISO right there on the spot.
    System Menu = takes you back into the PSP's menu, with the ISO emulated.
    Copy Load = can't remember what this does.

Most games run with System Menu mode, which requires any UMD. In UMDemulator, you change the emulation mode to System Menu, and pick an ISO. It then goes back to the normal PSP menu, but your PSP thinks that the ISO you picked, is the UMD inserted. You then pick Game > UMD, or for GTA, Game > MPH Game Loader.

If you want, get on MSN or AIM and I can help you out, but this should pretty much explain it.

EDIT: Dammit Mike beat me to it.

10. Games   -   #40
    Well just did the GTA thing and i clicked MPH 2 and it's gone to a black screen that just says Loading Game....

It's been on that for about 2 minutes now.

The CPU speed was set to 333 in UMDemu but i change that to 222 like you said a few posts up. Was that right?

I'm on MSN Rip if you can come online?

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast