Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Window Washer

Are you running the kernel in RAM? If you don't force it, it'll continue to use virtual memory.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@1 May 2003 - 19:08
    Are you running the kernel in RAM? If you don't force it, it'll continue to use virtual memory.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I am an idiot.

When you say kernel all that comes to mind is Orville Reddenbacker.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by drakkie@30 April 2003 - 10:35
    Just to clarify some misconception here.

First window washer does not release more ram and it does not speed up your pc
    It merely cleaned up your HD releasing more space. You can do that manually if you know how.
    The down side, it eats up your resources by running in the background.

Second ram does not retained info. When switching off all your ram comes back, only ramdrive
    can retained info by creating an image file.

Third by installing all those so-called "free ram " "double ram" programs, does more harm than good
    to your pc. They hogged your resources. When your resources dropped, your pc crawls.

The only way is to buy more rams, they are cheap.Don't try to cheat.You don't get something for nothing!!!
    Ya i was thinking the exact same thing. WTF does window washer have to with RAM.

LOL great point. Also windows washer only runs in background as it is cleaning otherwise it has no purpose to leave it on.

Also you can use msconfig to remove it from start up or go to start run regedit. Then hk current user then software then microsoft then windows then currect version then run and delete from their.

Only one prob thought it adds itself back there everytime you use it. So after you use it you have to do over again.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Here's a start: PCMag. With your memchips, you're probably being sought as a RAM abuser. Did you realize that you used your 300th post to confess that you're an idiot.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@1 May 2003 - 19:44
    Here's a start: PCMag. With your memchips, you're probably being sought as a RAM abuser. Did you realize that you used your 300th post to confess that you're an idiot.
    Appropriate don't you think?

I would never abuse RAM. EWES maybe....

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I always heard that about you western guys. I still remember the old joke about the horny noobie who chose the ugliest ewe in the whole flock.

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@1 May 2003 - 20:47
    I always heard that about you western guys. I still remember the old joke about the horny noobie who chose the ugliest ewe in the whole flock.
    No time for jokes here, this is serious business.

I now have a kernel living in my RAM.

Do I feel better?
    What should I expect?

If I push my PC will my room smell like a movie theatre?

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    I hate to break this to you, but it's really a KENTUCKY kernel. Seriously, you should see a speed-up. Things traveling mechanically, no matter how fast, can never beat things traveling electonically.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    Originally posted by TIDE-HSV@1 May 2003 - 21:08
    I hate to break this to you, but it's really a KENTUCKY kernel. Seriously, you should see a speed-up. Things traveling mechanically, no matter how fast, can never beat things traveling electonically.
    That would explain why, immediately after rebooting, it asked for a mint julep.

Should I see a difference on the pc pitstop tests?

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Double post.
    Not my fault.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast