Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Homosexual Intercourse - is it wrong?

SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl
    This specific incident might not have, though. I certainly think there would be a drop in teenaged pregnancy if they weren't drinking so much.
    One school of thought would counsel teen celibacy, another might surely tout avoidance of alcohol as beneficial....though from the point-of-view of a teenager, both are infringements/limitations on behaviors they might enjoy, correct?

If teenagers are to be allowed unfettered freedom of behavior, the only way either of these less problematic choices will be made would be after-the-fact, i.e., once the damage has been done.

In any case, my question would be, by what authority are teens are to be kept from alcohol, but allowed the maximum freedom to engage in whimsical sexual activity?

How do you advocate self-determination on one hand, and enact limits on the other?
    I simply don't want people to get hurt. I think people should do their best not to engage in activities that could lead to someone getting hurt. Alcohol should not be given to minors because it leads to situations of violence and sexual acts that could well be regretted later (although technically the same is true for adult but let's not get into that).

Sex itself is okay...as long as it's not harming anyone and under the influence of alcohol people are not in a fit condition to understand if it's going to harm anyone or not.
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

2. Lounge   -   #102
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Let me try it this way.

Sex + consent = okay

alcohol = okay

sex + alcohol = -consent + blurred judgment

sex – consent (+ blurred judgment) = bad
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

3. Lounge   -   #103
    So, in short, you think a sober 11 year old girl has sufficient judgement to decide that having sexual intercourse is OK

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

4. Lounge   -   #104
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    lesbian secks FTW

no, it's not wrong

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Lounge   -   #105
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I did start to count how many people totally didn't get the (frivolous) point JP was making with this thread - but then just decided that it was everyone else who had posted in it
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #106
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I did start to count how many people totally didn't get the (frivolous) point JP was making with this thread - but then just decided that it was everyone else who had posted in it
    Feck, even I got it and I was pished out of my face at the time.

“It’s not the will to win that counts - it is the will to prepare”

7. Lounge   -   #107
    its ok to download it off limewire

8. Lounge   -   #108
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    fags lol

9. Lounge   -   #109
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl
    Alcohol should not be given to minors...
    I cannot conceive of a situation wherein a responsible adult plies a minor with alcohol, then sits back and hopes for the best.

Any adult who supplies minors (their own or others) with booze ought to be taped to an extremely large helium balloon and released to the wind, then shot down from extreme altitude.

The difficulty is minors taking the alcohol unbidden, you see?

The bottom line is, when comes to these sorts of decisions, teenagers are remarkably poor arbiters, and life-altering mistakes ensue.

This is where adults come in, for better or worse, and woe is the child whose parent(s) are intellectually/emotionally/behaviorally children themselves.

In any case, children are less "qualified" by experience to make such decisions.

Generally.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #110
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fromagepas
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Feck, even I got it and I was pished out of my face at the time.
    JP pished of a Saturday soir.

I particularly like it when you said about putting up with people who harbour delusions of adequacy.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast