• Just Warn

43 31.85%
  • Dont Care

11 8.15%
  • Moderate Them

11 8.15%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should We Ban n00bs For Requseting Invites In This Section

I think the moderators should do whatever they want as long as it's consistent. I don't see how it impacts any of us in any way if someone fails to read a sticky - we can just ignore their post and move on.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    necromantic's Avatar ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    ban em all! I waited patiently to get into the l33t section lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I'm tossing up 50 / 50 between ban and warn. I think banning a noob is prety harsh but then again we all had to wait our turn before being able to ask for invites. What about punishing them by making it two months and 10 post before any one ignoring the sticky gets to post in the invite section. It may be to complicated but it's a thought.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Maybe seeing other n00bs with BANNED under thier nick may be a stronger message.
    i think thats a great idea
    it lets others know NOT to ask for invites.
    a number of forums i use do this. it seems to work as a good deterrent.

if u decide not to ban for this, and perhaps warn 1st, i'd still use this method when banning. personally i wouldnt ban straight away, i'd warn 1st. but i would make the warning in a public post in reply to them invite begging.

also, i get ALOT if pm's from users with 0 posts, or who only just registered, asking for invites to the sites i've discussed in the invites section. is there anything that can be done about this? like how u can report bad posts. report a bad pm, that can be read by staff? or just quoting their pm and message a moderator. or just make the bittorrent invites section invisible to those who cant post yet. like when they click the sub-forum link they get an error message telling them why they cant view it. it gets rather annoying. even after quoting the sticky rule about needing 5 posts/being member for a month, some just keep on asking, and eventually need adding to ignore.

whatever u decide to do, i think something does need to be done. how heavy handed u want to be is upto u guys.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I'm curious as to how many of you who voted to ban already belonged to private trackers when you came. Read the board. Members repeatedly say that private trackers are the safest way to go. Is it any surprise that noobs who wants to begin file sharing are jumping the gun?
    If you don't already belong to a private tracker it's difficult to get in. I'm still a noob- is the idea here build a membership of those who are private tracker members?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    this forum is an open community, not everyone that joins are n00bs.

if someone come here only to ask for BitTorrent invites he should be banned since he didn't came for the community.

if someone did came for the community and "mistakenly" asked for an invite he could ask to be unbanned or he could register a new user.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by yarivot26

if someone come here only to ask for BitTorrent invites he should be banned since he didn't came for the community.

if someone did came for the community and "mistakenly" asked for an invite he could ask to be unbanned or he could register a new user.
    You're assuming that because someone is a "noob" and wanting to dl safely makes the mistake of asking for an invite that they aren't interested in the community.
    In any case, there are enough posts here that seem to indicate that "noobs" are not entirely welcome.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bhakku
    Quote Originally Posted by yarivot26

You're assuming that because someone is a "noob" and wanting to dl safely makes the mistake of asking for an invite that they aren't interested in the community.
    In any case, there are enough posts here that seem to indicate that "noobs" are not entirely welcome.
    If someone is interested in the community he should bother to read the rules.

In any case, as I said, if they are interested in the commuinty the could ask to be unbanned.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Ban them, ooooh hell YES :-)

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by bhakku

I havn't been on this forum very long and no one made me feel unwelcome. Quite the oppisite I'd say. but then again I've been respectful and read the rules. I didn't find it very hard to wait out the 1 month 5 posts time limit. It's a good rule and it serves a valuable purpose. I personaly would never give in invite to some one who couldn't post in the invite section or for that matter PM's me I hate that. As far as Private trackers being safe. M8 it's all a risk that's just the way it is some would argue that belonging the a priviate tracker is more dangerous because it makes you a member of an organised pirating conspiracy. Stuff it I'm starting to think banning anyone who ignores the rules is a good idea. If they can't live within the community's rules do we realy want them here??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast