Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my 32" lcd tv and it's kicking ass...

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    so, is there any kind of special cables or what not u need in order to use a lcd hdtv? right out of the box u can hook up ur pc and/or consoles and they work? also, say u have a movie on ur pc and it has sub-titles. can u read and do the sub-titles look good on a lcd hdtv? i ask cuz i've heard that when u have sub-titles on ur pc and u use a s-video cable from pc to tv either u can't read the subs or they just look VERY crappy.
    Well in my opinion, S-Video is the worst option to go with when hooking up LCD TV's to your comp (even with high-end cards). From experimentation I've found the best video quality to be from, no surprise, HDMI (adapter) but unfortanately I used my friends comp to test this, since the comp+vid card i have right now does not support HDMI, so I'm using as of now the VGA cable. And trust me when I say this, VGA >>>>> S-Video (infinitely greater than). The picture quality is superb, just like you'd expect if you were using say a computer LCD monitor, ummmmm lets see here the word "LCD" appears in both LCD monitor and LCD TV...so ya.

As for subtitles, basically the rule of thumb is, if it looks good on your monitor it should look just about as good (maybe a bit worst [that's because you're expanding viewing area when your using a fucking 27" or 32" monitor lol] but not noticeable) on the TV hooked up with VGA, HDMI would obviously be better if that option is available.

I've said this many times before, and here it is again for good measure, I don't have any regrets buying this TV, this thing is like a multi-purpose machine for me now (Satellite TV, computer monitor, Xbox360 display).

Ok I take that back lol, it does get a bit harsh on the eyes since your sitting so close, bad for your eyes, but no matter, the quality is superb.

I'll post those pics that I talked of earlier, just hang tight till 1st week of June

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    cpt, you have your computer hooked up to your lcd tv with VGA? can i ask how you did that?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551
    cpt, you have your computer hooked up to your lcd tv with VGA? can i ask how you did that?
    Simple, my TV came with a VGA input lol, always do your research before buying it helps a lot (there were a lot of TV's in the same price range that didn't have VGA, the one that I have took me a while to get hold of since it was very rare to find [always sold out]). Pictures to come hang tight.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Simple, my TV came with a VGA input lol, always do your research before buying it helps a lot (there were a lot of TV's in the same price range that didn't have VGA, the one that I have took me a while to get hold of since it was very rare to find [always sold out]). Pictures to come hang tight.
    well you lucky s.o.b. i guess i wasn't aware you could get vga inputs on tvs nowadays. score!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Nice azad, I can't wait to see ur setup. I saw ur old lcd before you returned it and it looked pretty badass. I wish my Philips came with a VGA/DVI input but I knew there were converters for hdmi so I just figured it would work out just as good.

@mr. nails- yes, hooking up your pc via s-video is very shitty imo. With DVI, VGA, or through HDMI you can get the best image quality at over double the resolution of s-video depending on the resolution of the lcd (most are 720p).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16

Dry

Ahhhh! I'm so choked right now god damnit!!!! Seems we're not moving out till NEXT APRIL!!!! That's almost a fucking year, and i had my hopes up tooo .

Looks like I'm stuck here, but at least my friend lives with me too so its all good (hhahaa he has a better home theater system...in his room...than i do I'll post pics of his room when I post mine too, since he's like the next room over).

But ya, one more year man, I had the money for the drums with enough left over for a new home theater system too

Basically the receiver I have now with 4 of these babies: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...est%5Fcookie=1

and one of these: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...est%5Fcookie=1

and this hot lady right here: http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...est%5Fcookie=1

Looks like I can't get any of that till April (pessimistically speaking it'd be more like May since it'd take me time to figure out and plan where everything goes, also to see if sound will be a problem).

And I just know that I'll prob end up blowing all that money by the time April comes, shit I gotta put this money into a CD or some sort of bond.

hahaha, for the mean time, here ya go guys (cam phone, sorry I woulda taken a pic of my friend's setup but he's sleeping right now):

Ooo, he had his razer on my table, found and uploaded this pic (this is his sound system in his room, damn razer camera has a much higher resolution ):

Last edited by cpt_azad; 05-24-2006 at 05:11 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    i dont see any f-in pics...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    wtf, i see em fine, one sec, ill upload em to photobucket.

edit: done

in case ur lazy to scroll up... lol :

Last edited by cpt_azad; 05-24-2006 at 05:11 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    PuRe DaRknEss
    What browser are you using fabreez

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PuRe DaRknEss

What browser are you using fabreez
    hahaha, sumeet? nice nice, firefox obviously. It works now, i uploaded it to photobucket. lmao, i stole ur quote (check my sig) cutting activated lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast