Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xmen The Last Stand

Powder User BT Rep: +2
    Going to see the movie tonight,
    please please use the spoiler thingy if u are posting a spoiler,
    i think i just read something i didn't want to know ....

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    ch@nce's Avatar Poster
    haven't seen it as yet but i'm not really in a rush to do so...... don't kno why but i've lost interest.
    Accept nothing without Examination
    Reject nothing without Consideration.

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    it wasn't a bad movie but it seemed rushed

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Jalan's Avatar eternal n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeee
    Just wondering, if Magneto can easily kill Wolverine because of his adamantium skeleton, can he DESTROY Colossus in a heartbeat?
    I'll reluctantly put this in spoiler tags even though the statute of limitations regarding spoiling old news is pretty much passed with it:

Spoiler: Show

--

As for the film, I liked it. There were things that didn't make sense (such as Juggernaut being depicted as a mutant when he is clearly not) from a comic book fan/geek's point of view but once you get beyond that, it was enjoyable enough. It was also worth it to see Famke Janssen decked out as Phoenix. I envy the wardrobe person who must've helped her into that red bodice.

I'm hoping for a better turnout at the box office when Superman finally returns to the big screen near the end of this month though.
    Last edited by Jalan; 06-01-2006 at 08:58 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    it is the best movie of the x MEN series

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    I think it was a good movie worth a watch in the theateres.

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    lol, all of u are on crack. this movie was complete dog shit. i mean, w0w. i thought the first one was bad enough and it couldn't get any worse. the 2nd one, mind u, was pretty good. i enjoyed it, but this one was just complete and utter waste of time and should just been one of those movies that goes straight to dvd or better yet the tnt network channel...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Juggernaut was the best man well along with wolverine.....but even in the cartoons Juggernaut and Wolverine always dis it out.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Member BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I didnt see it but this is a grate movie!

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    I saw it tonight, I thought it was entertaining, but it also rang hollow.

The writers built up a lot of potentially interesting situations which they never bothered to realize, or which they did realize, but, with dull resolutions. The whole Ice/Fireman conflict had one of the most anti-climactic duels I've ever seen. Oh, and where the heck was Rogue? She had, atmost, 5 minutes of on screen dialogue, which also lead to a love trianle not being a love triangle at all. This movie needed atleast 30, or 40 minutes more, or they could have dropped the more useless plot devices/subplots.

X3 suffers from what I like to call "Transformers The Movie Syndrom". Basically, it feels like an excuse to kill of old characters, and make room for the shinny new ones. I'm glad Cyclops is gone, since he has'nt been doing much since x1, but then they had to go and kill/cure characters that did'nt need to be killed/cured.

Though, the kick ass fight scenes, Kelsey Grammar, and Juggernauts ridiculously great one liner did manage to save the day. Also, I think Kitty Prydes character was pretty cool, I hope she becomes bigger role in the next installment(assuming there is one). Oh well, better luck on the next one.

Edit: Did anyone else think the opening scene was great? The one with Magneto, Prof X, and Jean.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast