Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: saadniazi = scammer

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn
    Quote Originally Posted by saadniazi
    dabomb506= cheater
    lol!
    after checking ur posts, i noticed u posted 1 proof of account.
    http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7638/519zy.jpg
    this clearly isn't ur account, as at the bottom it says "invited by you"
    so whoever took this screenshot, was viewing a friends account they invited.
    That looks like a cell to display members that have been invited from this account, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hn
    Doesn't work.

People, if the FST invite section needs a little policing then throwing accusations around and demanding bannings is not the way to do it.

Send a PM to a mod if you have a problem.
    There is also a report system on the board that alerts mods. You can use it not just to report offensive posts but also for scamming or underhanded actions by members. Only mods/admins and the person making the report can see them so it's as private as it needs to be.
    You must send proof though; we're not nazis on a trip to wield power on a whim - especially not yours.

AFAIK only one contributor to this thread has reported any posts/people for scamming invites, and we still need some sort of proof, even though we're suspicious of some members ourselves.
    Last edited by Chewie; 05-29-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #22
    Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I just wanna warn all of you;

One of myfriend who lost uk-t account 2 days after trade.

He traded account on bitme forum. When we check back what is going on, the guy who already banned from bitme.

Fyg,

User name was : ????? on uk-t.org

If you wanna make a trade with some one you should check user name.
    If the user name is " ????" you must be carefull.

Edit;
    Unfortunatily one of our good friends pm ed me that he already got this account.He requested me to edit this topic. He doesnt want to lost for now. I will wait a few days more and if he lost the account I will write here again.
    Last edited by Kirkedir; 05-29-2006 at 12:10 PM.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    to vouch for dabomb56: I have traded with him before and knew of his concerns about trading with saadniazi before he accepted the trade. Never did he intend not to keep up his end of the bargain- he did not send the return invite after saadniazi was banned and all his invitees were also banned, including dabomb56.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    Many private trackers will ban anyone they know has been trading accounts or invites, and the people they invited. They only want you to give out invites to people you actually trust, otherwise they may as well open their doors and become public trackers.

The fact that they found out does not make the person who gave out the invitation a scammer. Many of the mods and admins of these sites will be members here and other sites so that they can keep an eye out for people trading their accounts/invites.

Your friends got caught breaking the tracker rules - live with it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #25
    Piyush Singh's Avatar ImPoster BT Rep: +1
    @lynx
    The only proof u require to link this guy to the guy who has duped many at slyck's is the obvious similarity in posts that were made there & at FST.
    Sometimes u just have to trust ur instincts,I guess...
    Only other proof one can provide is the PM transcripts of trades gone bad.
    I have had these experiences with Filelist "deluxenoone" & Boksa "BwT".
    Thx.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Piyush Singh
    @lynx
    The only proof u require to link this guy to the guy who has duped many at slyck's is the obvious similarity in posts that were made there & at FST.
    Sometimes u just have to trust ur instincts,I guess...
    Only other proof one can provide is the PM transcripts of trades gone bad.
    I have had these experiences with Filelist "deluxenoone" & Boksa "BwT".
    Thx.
    Not quite.

It may be all the proof you require to make you decide not to enter a trade with this guy, but it is nothing like the evidence we would need to ban him. I've seen lots of examples of "similar styles" from totally unrelated people - the internet is a big place.

Carry on like that and next thing you know some country will think they can go around locking up people just on someone's say so, with little or no proof, and carting them off half way round the world.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #27
    You are right we can not & should not label anyone or accuse him.
    Maybe, but this guy did turn out to be a scammer...did he not?.
    If he is not one , I would like him to post here & defend himself ,if u guys have not already banned him already.
    It is not as if we are looking for scapegoats to add a little entertainment here.
    As I had mentioned before ,a day before the first post accusing "saadniazi" of duping appeared,I had made my apprehensions known at "Bad Traders" thread.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #28
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    This man @saad.... is very dishonest Trust me (but he is especially dishonest not in trades)
    Last edited by blekitna; 05-29-2006 at 04:59 PM.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've had a PM from an admin at finbytes, he's given me an explanation of what happened and the IP and email of the scammer.

It's not conclusive, it does NOT match the email of saadniazi. The IP is close (same ISP), but it is also close to one of the "victims". And since it is a very large ISP that's not conclusive either.
    You are right we can not & should not label anyone or accuse him.
    Maybe, but this guy did turn out to be a scammer...did he not?.
    Sorry you are assuming that the scammer at finbytes/Slyck is sadniazi. Still no proof that's the case.

If he is not one , I would like him to post here & defend himself ,if u guys have not already banned him already.
    If he's not the same guy, why would he have to explain himself?

It is not as if we are looking for scapegoats to add a little entertainment here.
    Really? your post in another thread would suggest differently.
    If anything...this was good entertainment
    As I had mentioned before ,a day before the first post accusing "saadniazi" of duping appeared,I had made my apprehensions known at "Bad Traders" thread.
    And if he's not the same person? Did you stop to think that maybe your post in "Bad Traders" triggered the accusations?

As I've said before we will be keeping a look out for suspicious behaviour.
    But random accusations without positive proof aren't going to help.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #30
    He was posting daily asking for trades since the last couple of days.
    Where is he now ?
    We can wait & see if he turns up.
    Well if he does'nt .....does it not imply anything at all.
    My accusing him would not amount to anything if he turns up & clears his name.If that's the case I would admit my folly.
    I may be misjudging him but there is little chance that so may people who have interacted with him on FST are also making the same mistake.
    Some are keeping mum because he seems to have this gift of hacking accounts or whatever or have got the better of him in trades.
    I sincerely hope that all this talk leads somewhere.
    Thx.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast