Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced

Nothing that has happened couldnt have been predicted. I managed it before the invasion and without the highly bought intelligence. I'm not exactly in the highest IQ ratings and i dont have professional qualifications in psychology. It was just plain bloody common sense ffs.
Yeah.

If you are claiming to have predicted all of this beforehand...well, let's just say I think that's just a wee bit of a stretch.

You may have been a doubter, but I don't recall any lengthy prognostications.

If this continues, I get dibs on green and purple.

You can have yellow.
I stated quite categorically PRIOR to the Invasion that the only options if the invasion went ahead were:

1/ The break-up of Iraq into seperate countries, which will then proceed to war upon each other or

2/ Civil War or

3/ The establishment of another regime that is as bad as Hussain, that keeps the population quiet by fear. This would involve attacks on basic rights worse than those of Hussain in the last previous 10 years since the attack, in order to get the "Fear Factor" that he had enjoyed.

So far, we have an Iraqi Government that ignores Human Rights itself quite publicly, whilst at the same time quite willing to condemn the US publicly for the same thing, and the Country is heading quite quickly towards Civil War.

The fact that its heading towards Civil War is no longer even denied too heavily by either the US or UK Military, although the Politicians try and talk a brave talk.

I'd say that so far... yes, i predicted quite accurately.

Iraq is a "made up" country.

It was specifically made up the way it was in order to allow the British to "Govern" it without having to worry about Rebellion to British Rule.

It was designed from its inception for one purpose:

The population would fight each other rather than the British, whilst the British made free with its resources.

It worked quite well in this respect.

Im not proud of the above fact, however it has been known by the various World Governments since we gave "Iraq" its ""independance" in 1932 from our League of Nations Mandate with a hand picked Monarch that would do what we wished. It was reinforced again following our invasion during the 1941 Rashīd `Alī al-Gaylānī coup.

The country didnt really gain independance until 1945 (other than theoretically) with the creation of the UN, and still wouldnt have got away if they hadnt also managed to become a founding member of the Arab League in the same year when London wasnt looking in their direction.