Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Utorrent 1.6 RC1

j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    thats old news. anyone who reads beyond the headline know that he did nothing wrong. his judgement pehaps wasnt the best, but he in no way supported any anti-p2p organisation. its his work, he has the right, and the trust of its users, to keep the source closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgathan
    since he decided to cooperate with PeerFactor
    explain how he "cooperated" with them
    he simply sold them a .dll file, not related to utorrent.
    the .dll contained data to connect to tracker, connect to seeds/peers, etc etc.
    he also has the right to refuse use of the .dll, as it remains his property.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    @John: you took the words right out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgathan
    Ol' Luddy's reputation has been tarnished since he decided to cooperate with PeerFactor, so I will be staying away from any future updates until the source is opened. Too bad, it really was the best client.
    M8 you got to be joking who cares what ludd does. yah got to make a living right? he's put his time and effort into making the best client which he gives away for free. so what if he uses his reputation to earn a little cash. who wouldn't? anyone who tries to deny that is deluding themselves. No version of UTorrent is compromised by ad/spy/malware so whats the big deal get over it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I am wondering..... With the concerns of the new ownership is this version still recommended

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    You should get disabled for spamming.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by albertadj View Post
    I am wondering..... With the concerns of the new ownership is this version still recommended
    1.6 was released 6 month's ago. That's 5 month's before Bittorrent bought µTorrent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123