Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is it worth my while purchasing a Pool table..?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Well, you and j2 have me bang to rights.

Whoda thunk that that Arabs living in Israel don't get strip searched while buying groceries and aren't allowed to sell cocaine in pool halls.

Not me, no siree bob.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    .. you have to see it to believe it.. everyone gets scanned here nowadays, and still, no one is allowed to deal cocaine... (anywhere.. )

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    lynx's Avatar .
    From what you've shown I guess this is the sort of table you are looking at.

For outdoor use that's a lot of money. Instead you should probably look at something like this.

They are exactly the same size, and unless you spend an impossible amount of time levelling the table (by which time you won't get chance to play) you probably won't notice the difference in quality.

However, looking at the pics on the site you showed us I suspect you are paying the price of the expensive one but ending up with one of the quality of the cheaper one. For the price you've mentioned, you could get it delivered from the UK and still save a lot of money.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Well, you and j2 have me bang to rights.
    Well, we believe in rights, and we're gonna bang you to 'em, 'cuz that's the way we are.

Don't make us get all unilateral on you, man...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    A pool table is a lot like exercise equipment; they turn into a coat rack or a shelf at some point when you're not looking. A small number of people will get consistant use and enjoyment from them, but for most of us they loose their luster after a short period of time and you have to invent new uses for them.

But, if you still feel the need to get one, buy a real pool table, not the one you are contemplating. Pool is all about physics and geometry and needs to be played on a quality table to be enjoyed.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by truetejas
    A pool table is a lot like exercise equipment; they turn into a coat rack or a shelf at some point when you're not looking. A small number of people will get consistant use and enjoyment from them, but for most of us they loose their luster after a short period of time and you have to invent new uses for them.

But, if you still feel the need to get one, buy a real pool table, not the one you are contemplating. Pool is all about physics and geometry and needs to be played on a quality table to be enjoyed.
    Just so-

As Jack Nicholson said, in the movie, Batman: "Better be sure..."
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234