Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting caught downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by T0TAL-RECALL
    Quote Originally Posted by pimiske

What about nzb index sites? As i read above if it happens (ria etc...) there could be serious seccurity issues for users who use these indexing sites. am i wrong?
    I expect most dont keep logs of users and what NZB files they DL so again it would be a matter of them getting info going to ISP to get more and then coming to collect HDD but due to the vast number of people using Newsgroups and NZB sites the easiest thing for them to do is attack the sites into a law battle and get them taken down.

I use Newzbin and it shows I have DL 34 NZB files in the last 7 days but not which ones so I would say that no log is kept of what I have got just how many.
    i couldnt get in newzbib because they are closed for registration but i tried nzbsrus and they dont just show what nzb you download they also count it
    same as tracker script.
    # Downloaded 55 nzb
    Downloaded 0.00 kB
    I dont like it so much and just thinking of my security.we should not be so paranoid.I believe that not using binary sites is more secure.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    i wouldnt worry no one has ever been prosecuted for it.

- InGen

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    clairebear
    start panicing when the first newgroup user gets sued

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clairebear
    start panicing when the first newgroup user gets sued
    LMAO... Thats the second time you made me lmao. Did you not read the thread you started.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12