Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: car engine oil...

manker's Avatar effendi
    As has been well documented on this forum, I know next to feck all about engines and cars. Sometimes, threads like this make me feel a bit under-educated and I get a brief urge to study the area.

Brief is the key word here ... why the feck does anyone, apart from a mechanic, care
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I don't care about such things.

However, like Les I have accumulated vast tract of knowledge over my 70 plus years.

It's just one of those things.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    There was a time Manker before Electronic Management Systems when it was a tad more economical to service ones own car. I still recall battling with twin SU carbs (never did get the bloody things spot on, required the arms of a well trained octupus).
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I'm afraid oil changes, plugs leads and points etc were about my limit. The usual brake discs / pads callipers etc obviousement.

I think the most complex thing I've ever done was change a distributor and adjust the advance and retard. Did a no bad job too.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ah, that makes it a tad clearer.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I'm good at welding, MIG and ARK, I've done clutch plates but only rear wheel drive, done a head gasket on a Toyota hi lux R14.
    Brakes are quite easy to do,
    Did a spray Job at one time and I did not wear the proper safety protection and ended up in hospital
    But I would not use Spry Crisp 'n Dry in my engine
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

7. Lounge   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I think the most complex thing I've ever done was change a distributor and adjust the advance and retard. Did a no bad job too.
    I used to be able to do the advance/retard thing too.

These days I have to get the garage to service it, but I think they just employ retards.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, I parked my car on the street that night, and when I left the house the next day I looked where I parked for any fluids because my car has been acting strangly and there was a puddle of oil there. The next night I parked in the driveway like I should have, and this morning there was no major oil puddle, just a little bit. I'm thinking someone else parked a car there with an oil leak and I just thought it was from me.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    errrrrrrmmmmmm..... or there's no oil left in your car, dude

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Set fire to it and claim on the insurance,
    I think it's legal if you don't like the car no more or it's been very naughty

Mrs Smith from Norwich got £80 for her old car.
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast