Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: I think the conditions in the world right now are favourable to a major war...

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    @ MediaSlayer,

small point, but important to Arabs...

Iran isn't an Arab Nation, they're Persian.. Generally the two groups dont get on well...

It is Islamic (waaaayyyyyyy Islamic..) however, so the point stands in part if you change "Arab Nations" to "Islamic Nations"...

Ah... but then it falls again, because Lebanon is neither an Arab Nation nor an Islamic one... Its mixed (waaayyyy Mixed) with the Christians usually holding the balance of power.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post

"We will sacrifice our lives for..." ok I see that point, and although a valid one, it's a flawed one you shouldn't have brought up. That statement means that they will fight, not civillians, but they meaning hardliners, militants, militias, "organisations" agains the Israeli and die if need be. This is not to be confused with the civillians, kids, mothers, innocent "bystanders" that get killed by precision bombing complimentary of Israel that don't want to fight and give their lives.

Just a simple comparison that people just won't answer (I think I've stated it 3 times now including this post): Precision bombing and random rocket fire, which one is more intentional? Both result in the killing of innocent civillians, but one of those options you know EXACTLY what your gonna end up with.
    So again, you are one-sided. Suicide bombers go after civilians. Precision instruments are still at the mercy of human error.
    Are you fucking kidding me dude? Precision instruments are still at the mercy of human error? Please don't fool yourself. NOT once did I say suicide bombers don't go after civi's, I said random rocket fire to some extent isn't targeted at civillians although they have huge potential, random rocket fire and suicide bombings are two completely different things. If I'm one sided, then what are you? Do a google/wiki search on IR and/or LG bombs, check to see how accurate they are. From the point they launch to the point they hit, a laser or sensor needs to be pinpointing it's exact location, as in an aircraft (fighter jet, helicopter) using a laser to designate the exact location to be hit by the missile/bomb. The only way that human error could be accounted into the mix is if the military has faulty information on the whereabouts of the "terrorists" are, which is 100% flawed, here's why:

-If the military does not know where the militants/terrorists are, then why on earth would they be so hasty and rushed to start precision bombing randomly, isn't that the exact same as the random rocket attacks by Hezbollah?

-If Israel, for whatever reason, gets wrong information and whereabouts about the militants, don't you think by now they would have given up on their faulty sources and gone on to other sources?

The point stands, precision bombing is almost impossible to be susceptible to human error, the only susceptibility that lies there within is if the information on the location the bomb is to be dropped is false, or if the pilot that is directing the bomb to it's target is a sadistic son of a bitch and no better then the people they are fighting (along with his/her Commanding Officer to give them such authority).

I don't blame you Busy for not knowing about precision bombing, but you know, best to do your research first then post. And please don't bring up the age-old rebuttle of "jammers" used to misguide the bombs, the models that Israel are using right now are top of the line laser guided (or IR) bombs/missiles, if Hezbollah could magically invent a jammer that could interfere with their signals, then by now the war would be over cuz they would be able to invent a million other unimaginable things.

If you consider me one-sided then fine, your opinion. I have time and time agains stated my dislike for the tactics used by Hezbollah, Hamas, etc., you can't ignore that. But fighting for freedom, then I'm hella one sided on that topic just like I (or any caring person) would be one-sided on the topic of animal cruelty.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 08-02-2006 at 12:34 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    Read then post (this one goes out to MediaSlayer):

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/2...mong_Civilians

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    So again, you are one-sided. Suicide bombers go after civilians. Precision instruments are still at the mercy of human error.
    Are you fucking kidding me dude? Precision instruments are still at the mercy of human error? Please don't fool yourself. NOT once did I say suicide bombers don't go after civi's, I said random rocket fire to some extent isn't targeted at civillians although they have huge potential, random rocket fire and suicide bombings are two completely different things. If I'm one sided, then what are you? Do a google/wiki search on IR and/or LG bombs, check to see how accurate they are. From the point they launch to the point they hit, a laser or sensor needs to be pinpointing it's exact location, as in an aircraft (fighter jet, helicopter) using a laser to designate the exact location to be hit by the missile/bomb. The only way that human error could be accounted into the mix is if the military has faulty information on the whereabouts of the "terrorists" are, which is 100% flawed, here's why:

-If the military does not know where the militants/terrorists are, then why on earth would they be so hasty and rushed to start precision bombing randomly, isn't that the exact same as the random rocket attacks by Hezbollah?

-If Israel, for whatever reason, gets wrong information and whereabouts about the militants, don't you think by now they would have given up on their faulty sources and gone on to other sources?

The point stands, precision bombing is almost impossible to be susceptible to human error, the only susceptibility that lies there within is if the information on the location the bomb is to be dropped is false, or if the pilot that is directing the bomb to it's target is a sadistic son of a bitch and no better then the people they are fighting (along with his/her Commanding Officer to give them such authority).

I don't blame you Busy for not knowing about precision bombing, but you know, best to do your research first then post. And please don't bring up the age-old rebuttle of "jammers" used to misguide the bombs, the models that Israel are using right now are top of the line laser guided (or IR) bombs/missiles, if Hezbollah could magically invent a jammer that could interfere with their signals, then by now the war would be over cuz they would be able to invent a million other unimaginable things.

If you consider me one-sided then fine, your opinion. I have time and time agains stated my dislike for the tactics used by Hezbollah, Hamas, etc., you can't ignore that. But fighting for freedom, then I'm hella one sided on that topic just like I (or any caring person) would be one-sided on the topic of animal cruelty.
    If the wrong target is picked that's human error. If it's picked on purpose then it's not. A place is bombed based on intel to turns out to be wrong. The bomb can be precision as all get out. Thanks for the long post.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    "We will sacrifice our lives for..." ok I see that point, and although a valid one, it's a flawed one you shouldn't have brought up. That statement means that they will fight, not civillians, but they meaning hardliners, militants, militias, "organisations" agains the Israeli and die if need be. This is not to be confused with the civillians, kids, mothers, innocent "bystanders" that get killed by precision bombing complimentary of Israel that don't want to fight and give their lives.
    Where do you think those hardliners, militants, militias, and "organisations" come from? Do they fall out of the sky? Although many of them are grown men(and women) now, they were once little innocent children, civilians, ect...

The point is this: they are not so different from each other. They get pissed off and decide to be radical, but there was a time I'm sure that they were normal people just like you and me.

I dint click on your links as I am about to go to sleep for the night. I might click on them later though, thank you for pointing out my point was valid

shirley u cant be serious

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer View Post
    Where do you think those hardliners, militants, militias, and "organisations" come from? Do they fall out of the sky? Although many of them are grown men(and women) now, they were once little innocent children, civilians, ect...

The point is this: they are not so different from each other. They get pissed off and decide to be radical, but there was a time I'm sure that they were normal people just like you and me.

I dint click on your links as I am about to go to sleep for the night. I might click on them later though, thank you for pointing out my point was valid

shirley u cant be serious
    By your your logic all Palestinian children are murderers and terrorists, that's a nice thought. So what of the Israeli children, are they too not to some extent (if not greater extent since the Israeli's have the vast amount of weapons and training) murderers too?

@Busy, if it's faulty intel then yes it's human error, but most of these attacks aren't based on faulty intel, if it were they would come out and say it was faulty intel to get the heat off their back. The recent attack that killed 37 children was not condemned by Israel, is that not an intentional attack then?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    To all those that think the Israeli's are better than the terrorist they're fighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1-_...Fitemid%3D1794

This is just one documented instance that was "leaked", there are probably thousands more that have never seen the light of day and even thousands more that weren't documented.

But terrorist act's, suicidal or not, are well documented and released to the public.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    To all those that think the Israeli's are better than the terrorist they're fighting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW1-_...Fitemid%3D1794

This is just one documented instance that was "leaked", there are probably thousands more that have never seen the light of day and even thousands more that weren't documented.

But terrorist act's, suicidal or not, are well documented and released to the public.
    Maybe the folks fucking with Israel should stop starting shit.

Who do you think keeps touching off most of the skirmishes?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    By your your logic all Palestinian children are murderers and terrorists, that's a nice thought. So what of the Israeli children, are they too not to some extent (if not greater extent since the Israeli's have the vast amount of weapons and training) murderers too?

My logic was saying that all Palestinian, Iranian, Lebanese, ect... children have the potential to be extreme and violent, and these days that is where the trend seems to be going. The situation in Iraq does not help. I do not support that war for that very reason.

I don't think the Israeli children are in the same situation as far as wanting to die in a heroic way fighting the enemy, I don't think those kind of sacrifice themes appeal to them as with the others in that region. Theirs is probably more of a self defense type urge, as is the case here in the states. The few friends I have in the military dont dream of dying in Iraq for a noble cause. They dream of coming home safe.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast