Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hizbollah rockets near my home..

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    A joke?? you're a dick.

I wonder how many children have been killed by Palenstinian suicide bombers?
    I wonder how many have been killed by Hizbollah?

I wonder how many Lebonese kids have been killed by Israel?

I wonder how many Palestinian Kids have been killed by Israel?

Fact.

They're as bad as each other.. all of them.

Its bad enough when people with guns/bombs aim and kill at those likewise armed, its infinetly worse when any civilians are killed by either of the many sides involved in the Middle Eastern troubles.

And now because 2 Israeli Soldiers have been kidnapped by Hizbollah, an act condemned by the Lebanese Government, Israel have an Airstrike against an International Airport?

That means the citizens of quite a few nations were put at risk because Israel attacked the infrastructure of a country that didn't even condone the actions of the people that committed the act.

That, in my book, is an outright Act of War.

They think there will be less trouble from the people of Lebanon now?

When they're on a high after getting rid of Siria?

Hizbollah, in the mean time has admitted the Rocket attacks for some towns/areas and denied them for others that Israel announced had been attacked. Why brag about some, and deny others?

Wouldnt be the 1st time Israel has rocketed its own side in the North and attacked Lebanon because of it... at least this time we know that some of the attacks at least actually came from Hizbollah.

Tralalala, you keep your head down mate... I have a feeling its going to get a little busy around your way soon.
    I am afraid the reason for the Israeli attacks is NOT JUST the kidnapping of 2 soldiers.. they also killed 7 others, and after that sent rockets all over the North.
    Now, since Israel has pulled out of Lebanon, the UN gave Israel the go-ahead for any attacks on them, as Israel had done it's part of the deal. However, what had Hizballah done over the past 6 years? Yes, more rockets placed in South Lebanon, more "armymen", in otherwords, they were trying to get ready to piss us off, yet again.

So, they attack, kidnap, and send rockets as far as Haifa.. honestly, what did you think Israel should have done? I can tell you now, the only reason civilians in Lebanon died is because those bloody cowards hide between civilians, unlike any other country's armymen. Sad isn't it?

Plus, the Lebanese government ay not have actually made the attacks, but they had done NOTHING over the past 6 years to stop Hizballah setting shop in south Lebanon in knowledge that they were planning some kind of attack on Israel one day... That day has come, and yes, the Lebanese government is also at blame ofr this.

Now, the militants may be trying to get the 2 soldiers to Iran. a BIG nono for us, because we all still remember Ron Arad don't we? has been well over 14 years now since we last saw him, and where was he taken from Lebanon? Right, Iran... So Israel has the right to panic and retalliate, because it's Hizballah that initiated the attack, so Israel has the right to defend itself, especially after Israel did what it was supposed to do 6 years ago.. A complete pullout from Lebanon.

Since 4PM yesterday, there haven't been any rockets fired toward the area I live in, but more have been fired to Nahariya, and for the first time - to Haifa...

Oh and another thing - do you honestly, in your right mind, believe Israel would fire rockets on it's own cities???? It's obviouse Hizballah had done it, because Israel is not one of those fake-hit countries.. Israel is legit in this case.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaSlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    there is an old saying "If you cant handel a Joke dont tell a joke"
    u wanna hear a joke? u need a SPEELCHEIK cuz ya weurds cumin ouwt awl rong!
    did u get what i said... stfu then

Tralala
    this is among few times which an action was started on Hizzballah side, comparing to israel its nothing, do you think that every time israel should push the button or what.
    Last edited by BawA; 07-14-2006 at 09:39 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Tralala,

Instead of railing on about who is right or wrong in this situation, I just wish you safety for you and your family.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Tra,

The Lebonese only just managed to get rid of the Sirians, so you cant blame the Government there for whats been occuring for the last 6 years. They have yet to get control of the whole country, destroying their infrastructure wont help any. It does give Syria the excuse it wants to get involved again tho, maybe they will re-invade to "protect" them again.

The UN has certainly not gave you any permission to attack Lebanon, they quite rightly said that you had the right to attack Terrorists that attacked you... there weren't any in the International Airport, there were loads of civilians from all over the world that could have been there tho.

Like you said, there were loads of Hizbollah on your border.. I dont think anyone would say Israel was in the wrong in attacking those.

Israel would be just as in the wrong as they are, as soon as civilians were hit... such as on the Bridge where those bairns were.

Israel has intensified its attacks on Lebanon, striking hundreds of targets including airports, highways and army bases to put pressure on the government and force Hezbollah to free two Israeli soldiers the guerrillas captured Wednesday. Seventy-three civilians have been killed in Lebanon since the offensive began.
    Israel have just made a load of new enemies, and it's not as if you were running short of them already.

As Hank said tho.. just keep your head down mate.. we all know where we stand on this shit probably, maybe we should just keep stum for now.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 07-14-2006 at 09:46 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    I can tell you now, the only reason civilians in Lebanon died is because those bloody cowards hide between civilians, unlike any other country's armymen.
    You should think about that statement.

Your country's army is largely made up of conscripts.
    Where do they live when not on active duty? With their families, by any chance?

Let's see now, the families of your "armymen" are civilians, but your "armymen" are living among them. Using your standards your own civilians are legitimate targets.

Don't come here complaining about others, if you aren't prepared to apply the same standards to both sides.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    I thought the pullout was unilateral and aimed at increasing Israeli security rather than trading land for peace.
    So they shouldn't have expected any positive consideration for having done so?

Israel, of the two sides, has been moving inexorably toward a peace of separation, if not of policy.

Palestine continues in it's fractionalized and fractious fashion, as directionless and obstinate as ever.
    Expecting gratitude would be a bit rich, if not downright daft, imo.

Also a defendable stalemate isn't quite the same as peace, but I agree that the fractious nature of palestinian authority makes things difficult, going on pointless.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think Rat Faced makes a fair point.

I saw Bush on the tV taking about this the other night and he seemed genuinely worried about what was going to happen to the new Lebanese Government. I believe he has set quite a lot of personal store in that Government working.

It worries me that I have seen a number of Israeli sources on boards and TV talking as if the Lebanese Government and Hezbollah are one and the same. It is hardly the new Lebanese Government's fault if their armed forces are not yet strong enough to tackle the issue of the armed wing of Hezbollah and it is really questionable what advantage Israel will obtain by destroying infra-structure in the country other than bringing down the Lebanese Government and strengthening the Syrian hand once again.

It is fairly easy to see that the Iranian/Syrian connection is the main driving force here and it certainly suits Iran to have a major distraction in the region. The Lebanese and Israelis are dancing to the tune of external forces. Wars are easy to start and hard to finish. It might have been more circumspect of the new Israeli Government to take a far more measured approach. Going in like Rambo was never likely to secure the release of the two soldiers. With the UN resolution regarding the disarming of Hezbollah standing such an incident might have best been used as a catalyst for international assistance to allow Lebanon to fulfill its requirements. Coupled with Hezbollah disarmament there might have also been an opportunity to release Lebanese prisoners and also secure the soldiers release.

All this may yet happen but via a much bumpier route. Someone seems to have delivered much better weapons to Hezbollah than they previously had access to. Consequently, protracted guerilla warfare seems to be on the cards once again.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Israel has intensified its attacks on Lebanon, striking hundreds of targets including airports, highways and army bases to put pressure on the government and force Hezbollah to free two Israeli soldiers the guerrillas captured Wednesday. Seventy-three civilians have been killed in Lebanon since the offensive began.
    Terrorism

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

So they shouldn't have expected any positive consideration for having done so?

Israel, of the two sides, has been moving inexorably toward a peace of separation, if not of policy.

Palestine continues in it's fractionalized and fractious fashion, as directionless and obstinate as ever.
    Expecting gratitude would be a bit rich, if not downright daft, imo.

Insofar as it hadn't been met by any reciprocal movement, I believe it is of some merit.

Also a defendable stalemate isn't quite the same as peace, but I agree that the fractious nature of palestinian authority makes things difficult, going on pointless.
    I thought I made an adequate distinction on that point; I think Israel was trying, rather, to create a "stalemate" that required no real defending.

Of course, our spectacles have different tinting, too...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I am for all out war. It's time. All those cowardly suicide bombers. Killing innocent women and children.
    Where I do have respect for the Palestinian cause, it's their means, that's where the problem is. That's where you lose your otherwise valid argument.
    So go on, shoot it out, until you are all dead..and then maybe we can read somthing else in the news..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast