Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought this was hilarious...

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Thanks for explaining Kev

One must ask itself though...

If you're in a neighbourhood with nothing but Arabic/Chinese/Hebrew, whatever language signage, then isn't it safe to assume most of the people in the neighbourhood will speak that particular language?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    The ACLU has just one client...the bill of rights.... and the last time I checked that was American.
    Now we may not like the fact that some people have rights but that's the price of freedom. With your example the group has every right to exist as a group and campaign as they do, even though they are basically scum. What they don't have is the right to sleep with children.
    The ACLU is made up of Democrats, real Republicans, not the theocrats or neo-fascists that seem to have taken over, Independents, and every vairiant of political thought in between. It has members of all kinds of religious belief and disbelief. They have one mission, to protect the constitution and they do so no matter whos behalf each case is raised on.
    Are you an ACLU functionary of some sort?

Do you author their brochurage?

Honestly, while you are a fan of the ACLU, I am a fan only of their charter, and not their tactics.

Besides which, I think you are a bit presumptive appropriating "real Republicans" for duty there without their permission.

I think they'd object, I really do.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    This is what happens with all the fucking around about having an official language.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by calm2chaos
    Imagine that..... The communist based ACLU fighting to not have english signs in America... Why doesn't that surpise me....
    An interesting thought...

I disagree though, I believe plenty of people in Democracies (of most political persuasions) like their Civil Liberties.

...and most Communist's and Facists (Both extremes) tend not to... so why would the Communists form a Civil Liberties Union?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    They have one mission, to protect the constitution and they do so no matter whos behalf each case is raised on.

Honestly, while you are a fan of the ACLU, I am a fan only of their charter, and not their tactics.

Besides which, I think you are a bit presumptive appropriating "real Republicans" for duty there without their permission.

If you read, what I said was that the ACLU protects the constitution. That is the point and the only point of the ACLU. If the constitution can be broken for one group of people then it can be broken for any group. They are protecting the constitution, not nambla or any other scum.
    As I said we may not like some of the groups the contitution protects but that's the price of having and protecting the constitution.

As to the repulican comment...I stand by what I said. The party has been hijacked.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky
    Thanks for explaining Kev

One must ask itself though...

If you're in a neighbourhood with nothing but Arabic/Chinese/Hebrew, whatever language signage, then isn't it safe to assume most of the people in the neighbourhood will speak that particular language?
    Not necessarily.

When I visit Chicago, I see ethnic what-have-you strung out end-to-end, and there are no similar adjoining ethnic neighborhoods; I think they like to sew up certain areas, however, so they can do a lot of their shopping in one locale.

Makes sense to me.

They seem to be a very insular people...my sister-in-law walked into an Arab market looking for some sort of spice she needed, and she couldn't read the signs.

The fellow in attendance waved her to the door, and said something like, "leef!"

So she "leefed", and never went back.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

If you read, what I said was that the ACLU protects the constitution. That is the point and the only point of the ACLU. If the constitution can be broken for one group of people then it can be broken for any group. They are protecting the constitution, not nambla or any other scum.
    As I said we may not like some of the groups the contitution protects but that's the price of having and protecting the constitution.

As to the repulican comment...I stand by what I said. The party has been hijacked.
    Funny-the ACLU used to help those whose rights had been violated and had no recourse...kind of like legal aid.

Now they go 'round seeking out causes (like NAMBLA) on a pro-active basis.

Kind of like...hijacking.

As to your last, I don't know what you mean-what party has been hijacked?

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Hmmm....how is it 'unconstitutional, anti-immigrant and unnecessary'?
    Where does the constitution fit into this?? Anti immigrant? Oh hell.
    Unnecessary? Well, as J2 says, how would I tell the emergency operator where to send the cops/rescue/fire/marines...whatever? "Its....uhhh...mune..many....uhhh.... Oh Hell...errr....is that an upside down v? WTF??" CLICK! They best hope I enabled GPS location on my cellphone. If not, burn baby burn. Or at best hope someone else can call and speaks english or that the EO has a translator.....lot of damn hopes. At least give the name and address in the native tongue.
    Hell, if I were to 'immagrate' to Italy (for example)I would at least make an effort to learn to read and speak rudimentary Itallian. No hopes for fluency at first, just out of respect for the citizens of the country I'm 'immagrating' too. Gives them a giggle and helps me find a potty and after all, it's their country. I'm just a damn immigrant.
    So why is it to much to ask for those immagrating to the US to learn English? Why should I learn Spanish? Or Arabic?
    Why dont we round up the ACLU and.....

Later taters,
    bone

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by longboneslinger
    Well, as J2 says, how would I tell the emergency operator where to send the cops/rescue/fire/marines...whatever?
    The address?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by calm2chaos
    Imagine that..... The communist based ACLU fighting to not have english signs in America... Why doesn't that surpise me....
    Is the bill of rights a communist thing then?

So what your trying to do is tie the bill of rights to an organization started by admitted communist. An organization that defends group like nambla....LMAO Keep trying... sorry

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast