Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thought this was hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    The ACLU has just one client...the bill of rights.... and the last time I checked that was American.
    Now we may not like the fact that some people have rights but that's the price of freedom. With your example the group has every right to exist as a group and campaign as they do, even though they are basically scum. What they don't have is the right to sleep with children.
    The ACLU is made up of Democrats, real Republicans, not the theocrats or neo-fascists that seem to have taken over, Independents, and every vairiant of political thought in between. It has members of all kinds of religious belief and disbelief. They have one mission, to protect the constitution and they do so no matter whos behalf each case is raised on.
    The ACLU is doing everything in it's undisclosed funding powers to do some major damage in this country. Why destroy from the outside when you can destroy it from the inside. Seems every scumbag that comes down the pike they want to defend. Yes they have rights. But why is the ACLU so intent on putting 40 lawyers on any case that involves a dirt bag

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by calm2chaos
    The ACLU is doing everything in it's undisclosed funding powers to do some major damage in this country. Why destroy from the outside when you can destroy it from the inside. Seems every scumbag that comes down the pike they want to defend. Yes they have rights. But why is the ACLU so intent on putting 40 lawyers on any case that involves a dirt bag
    You mean the ACLU is protecting the constitution against anti constitutional right wing ideology...yes I have to agree with that..... what is the argument for these right wing judges again?
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-19-2006 at 05:43 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by calm2chaos
    You mean the ACLU is protecting the constitution against anti constitutional right wing ideology...yes I have to agree with that..... what is the argument for these right wing judges again?
    A person who fervently believes the U.S. Constitution to be under attack from the Right but not the Left is a liberal, dyed-in-the-wool.

Fact.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

A person who fervently believes the U.S. Constitution to be under attack from the Right but not the Left is a liberal, dyed-in-the-wool.

Fact.
    I made no such argument, but it seems that the only reason the ACLU is attacked and called traitors and communist is by right wingers when their unconstitutional ideology is tackled.
    The bill of rights is not partisan.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35

Fact.
    I made no such argument, but it seems that the only reason the ACLU is attacked and called traitors and communist is by right wingers when their unconstitutional ideology is tackled.
    The bill of rights is not partisan.
    The ACLU, as an organization, has an absolute liberal bias-so much so, in fact, that to attempt to argue otherwise accomplishes naught but to reveal the arguer as...a liberal.

Fact.

Period.

End of sentence.

No debate necessary.

As I said, they should drop the "A", then petition for U.N. auspice.

You know it makes sense.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36

The ACLU, as an organization, has an absolute liberal bias-so much so, in fact, that to attempt to argue otherwise accomplishes naught but to reveal the arguer as...a liberal.

Fact.

Period.

End of sentence.

No debate necessary.

You know it makes sense.
    Ah .....so anyone that supports the bill of rights is a liberal and thus not American.

Boy those founding fathers....what a bunch of commie traitors.

Btw.they are sooo liberal and thus not american that the supported that well know leftie and un-american, rush limbaugh when his privacy rights were being abused.... Good job that right wing judge (sorry, true american judge) was there to ensure Rush's rights were violated.

COuld it be that conservatives are mostly the ones violating the bill of rights so those are the ones brought to task?
    Last edited by vidcc; 07-20-2006 at 12:16 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37

Fact.

Period.

End of sentence.

No debate necessary.

You know it makes sense.
    Ah .....so anyone that supports the bill of rights is a liberal and thus not American.

Boy those founding fathers....what a bunch of commie traitors.

Btw.they are sooo liberal and thus not american that the supported that well know leftie and un-american, rush limbaugh when his privacy rights were being abused.... Good job that right wing judge (sorry, true american judge) was there to ensure Rush's rights were violated.

COuld it be that conservatives are mostly the ones violating the bill of rights so those are the ones brought to task?

The Founders knew what the words of that document meant; they wrote them, as I recall.

They did not look upon it as a convenient item to have in one's grasp when struck by any old urge to bend, fold, stretch or otherwise mutilate something.

The ACLU has the same expansive ideas as every other liberal group.

Once again...fact.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'm still not sure why the word "liberal" is so dirty in the US. Surely Lincoln would've been considered "liberal" in his time?

Please note I'm also very drunk and stoned.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    I'm still not sure why the word "liberal" is so dirty in the US. Surely Lincoln would've been considered "liberal" in his time?

Please note I'm also very drunk and stoned.

The word liberal is fine.

The word progressive is likewise fine.

It's what people have done by choosing them as labels that has soiled them so.

You see vidcc disavow the label even more quickly than if someone called him a conservative...
    Last edited by j2k4; 07-20-2006 at 09:55 PM.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

The Founders knew what the words of that document meant; they wrote them, as I recall.

They did not look upon it as a convenient item to have in one's grasp when struck by any old urge to bend, fold, stretch or otherwise mutilate something.
    Indeed the founders did know. How many are alive today?

To me it seems the founders wrote the document to ensure freedom for minorities as well as majorities would be protected.

conservatives wish to ignore this...unless it's their freedoms being abused....fact.

conservatives are expanding government restrictions on private concerns...and private lives...fact.

conservatives are the big government group...fact.

liberals are for freedom...conservatives are for anti freedom controls....fact.

It's the "land of the free"...not the "land of free to do only what conservatives approve of"

The ACLU has the same expansive ideas as every other liberal group.

Once again...fact.
    expanding freedom...hmmm...what an anti-american ideology.

but then they are not expanding freedoms, they are protecting freedoms we already constitutionally have and restoring freedoms that have been unconstitutionally denied.

As I said the client is the bill of rights....not the humans in the case.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast