Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dutch court rejects ban of paedophile party

Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky
    True, it would be like saying to yourself fancying men is wrong and it might not change their minds about whether it's right or wrong.
    However, the more of these people that come out for who and what they are, the easier it will be to identify them. Let's hope every single one of them stands up and admits it so everyone can keep their kids away from them.

Rather have them out in the open than sneaking around some suburbian neighbourhood prowling on innocent children.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    However, this type of behaviour in most cases is a sickess, a compulsion if you will, not a lifestyle choice. Whether they believe what they're doing is wrong or not, they usually can't stop themselves from doing it, and no amount of public disdain is going to change that or curb it.
    Anorexia nervosa?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    However, this type of behaviour in most cases is a sickess, a compulsion if you will, not a lifestyle choice. Whether they believe what they're doing is wrong or not, they usually can't stop themselves from doing it, and no amount of public disdain is going to change that or curb it.
    Anorexia nervosa?
    Not me... I like food.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    What's all this freedom of speech pish you are all talking about. That is not an absolute right, it has limits placed on it. For a very good reason. Society also has rights to protect itself.

In this country it is illegal to incite people to acts of terrorism. Surely to fuck it should be illegal to incite pedophile acts or to promote them being legitimised. When did it become OK for a group of people to hold meetings, or to lobby parliament for pedophile activity to be made legitimate.

So it's OK to have them all in the same place and know who they are. That's worth the cost of a step towards them being more acceptable, because that's what the Dutch Court has said. Changes often happen in small steps, not huge leaps. The Dutch Court has given pedophiles a wee bit of respectability, or acceptability if you prefer, thanks for that.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I'm shocked that you'd think about joining..

No, I was thinking more along the lines of napalm. Any fucker who thinks it okay to have sex with a 12 year old deserves the pain of having all their skin burned off.

Thhe age of consent is 12 in spain... so do do you still want burn spaniards?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    according to this table its 13 in spain, but its a valid point, there are lots of countries where the age of consent is 13/14, and to a certain extent it makes biological sense as most people are well into puberty by that stage.

btw whats the age of consent in south carolina the table says 14/16 with a question mark against it

edit: saw this and thought it was sensible:
    In Germany intercourse is legal from the age of 14 provided both partners are aged under 18 (or 21 in some circumstances).
    Last edited by ilw; 07-21-2006 at 08:30 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Cutting people's hands off for stealing is legal in some countries, so it must be OK. Female castration, that's common in some countries, let's adopt that as well.

Here's the new plan, if it's OK somewhere in the World, then it's OK.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Cutting people's hands off for stealing is legal in some countries, so it must be OK. Female castration, that's common in some countries, let's adopt that as well.

Here's the new plan, if it's OK somewhere in the World, then it's OK.
    Hmmm.

Brings to mind the nascent but burgeoning (and annoying) compulsion of our U.S. Supreme Court to inform it's own decisions with those of the "World" community.

There are many here who disagree, but I think the tendency is intellectual laziness disguised as utter stupidity.

It seems my esteemed colleague JPaul is of similar opinion...though I am sure he will let me know if I am wrong.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I kinda of agree with there being no specific age of consent.

I was 14 the first time I had sex and after 9 years I don't feel that was the wrong thing to do, I was ready for it at the time.
    Others might not be until a later age and then there's people who are mature a lot earlier.

I also think that it would just naturally fluctuate throughout the different generations. Who's the law to decide whether or not you're ready to make that commitment?

After all, despite us giving sex a lot of emotional value, it is mainly a biological act we've been acting out ever since man existed...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    U.S. Supreme Court to inform it's own decisions with those of the "World" community.

There are many here who disagree, but I think the tendency is intellectual laziness disguised as utter stupidity.
    I assume you don't mean "inform its decisions", but rather something like "align its decisions" otherwise what you've written is just plain daft...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast