Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help me if you can

Bad very Bad
    So what you are saying is that I can't make the larger HD have the OS, but the smaller on is very slow. Is the larger HD the wrong kind it's a EIDE HD. Would it not work if I made the larger HD the os if I formate the Smaller HD. Or can I get just take the smaller HD out and just use the larger HD I already have a 80GB external HD for my music.
    Last edited by venom666; 07-29-2006 at 11:13 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by venom666 View Post
    So what you are saying is that I can't make the larger HD have the OS, but the smaller on is very slow. Is the larger HD the wrong kind it's a EIDE HD. Would it not work if I made the larger HD the os if I formate the Smaller HD. Or can I get just take the smaller HD out and just use the larger HD I already have a 80GB external HD for my music.
    You can do any of those options.

You don't even have to re-install if you want to make the 160GB drive the master, simply use Ghost or Partition magic to clone the partition onto the other drive.

However, I doubt that's going to give you much improvement in performance.
    If you want better performance you should move the virtual memory to the drive which is NOT the system drive.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12