Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car Issues

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    I don't know if you said how long the fire was burning before you put it out, but I imagion that it could have distroyed the temper in all the metal parts of the engine.
    A fire of that magnitude would have reduced all his wiring to slush and this thread would never have started.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv View Post
    I don't know if you said how long the fire was burning before you put it out, but I imagion that it could have distroyed the temper in all the metal parts of the engine.
    A fire of that magnitude would have reduced all his wiring to slush and this thread would never have started.
    oh thank god....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Ok one problem down, more than I care to count to go now. My dad suggested I check the tranny fluid because it was slipping more and more. So a smack in the forehead and a good I'm dumb moment, I got some fluid in there and it's fine now. Before I ran out of daylight I started to examine the melted wires more closely. Theres 2 or 3 runs of wires with the plastic hoseing around them, I peeled the melted protector off one and the wires feel like jelly, so that could be the culprit. All 3 have connectors on the engine side of the firewall which makes it possible I can fix it my self. 2 of the connectors look like they might be a little difficult to get at though, might require me to remove the air filter assembly, but I'm off on saturday so I'll take some pics for you guys, and maybe start calling junk yards, we'll see...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Ah, junk yards.
    Many the hour I've spent blissfully wandering through them.

Make sure your tetanus shots are up to date.

Seriously.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    wooo... saturday, in the yard, i think theres something in my eye... lol, to the tune of that song about saturday on the 4th of july of course.
    Last edited by Duffman; 09-07-2006 at 03:15 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    wooo... saturday, in the yard, i think theres something in my eye... lol, to the tune of that song about saturday on the 4th of july of course.
    You live in Chicago?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    Alright so it seems that almost all my problems were cause by the vacuum seals.
    Had it repaired today, car is running pretty smooth now. Only problem is the signals not blinking. And me and my friend and his dad changed my breaks and roters too!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Congrats!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Made me think of my troubles last week . I blew a fuse while trying to fix a speaker so replaced all as their 19 cents each . Thought hey might aswell check all the running lights and replace as needed .

No problems there but as I was exiting the truck to check the back up lites I hit the light switch with my knee and broke it in half ! $150 .oo cnd for a used one , crappy luck but installed a cheap two way switch so the head lights and running lights work but no dash lights .

Moral of the story , I can fix a computer but I leave the auto mechanics to my father in law .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123