Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamb of God - Sacrament [2006]

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    well, LoG has fell off imo over the years, but they seem to have brought themselves back up with this one. LoG's debut album [not burn the priest (nothing against this though)] was just plain beautiful. i know others loved the ones in between, but they seem to have just lost some heart... to me. well, this one brings back a little, but not all. gg's LoG.

1. Walk with Me In Hell
    2. Again We Rise
    3. Redneck
    4. Pathetic
    5. Foot to the Throat
    6. Descending
    7. Blacken The Cursed Sun
    8. Forgotten (Lost Angels)
    9. Requiem
    10. More Time to Kill
    11. Beating On Deaths Door
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Music   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    To each his own mr.nails.

I personally love Burn the Priest, that CD is a permanent member in my 5 disc changer.

As The Palaces Burn was fucking awesome, albeit the sound quality sucked, the songs did a lot to bring back true metal.

Ashes of the Wake for me was a turning point, its one of those albums you either hate or love, for me it was love, very political and not to mention very heavy by today's standards, some of the riffs from that album are to die for (vomit riff anyone?), not to mention that LoG is one of the only bands that I personally know (see when I say personal, it's because I've met them on 2 seperate occasions after the show , Willie is one of those permanent "stoned" guys, whether he's high or not he always looks/talks like he's stoned) that has attacked Israel's kill everything policy, and look, not a single group has stuck them with the "anti-semite" tag, I say good for them "Break You" was an amazing song, regardless of the Israel bashing.

This CD looks very promising and from what I've heard/gathered, it much more like New American Gospel, an album I didn't like at first, but it def. grew on me.

It's now that I realize that LoG is my favorite band for this generation, my generation to be more accurate, ya Metallica, Slayer and Pantera are all good, but LoG (along with like 2 other bands) really define my musical tastes.

Will definitely buy this on 22nd, this is the one album I won't be downloading to sample first.

Keep on rocking metalheads.

P.S. Can't wait to hear "Beating on Death's Door", "Vigil" was fucking amazing, but "Remorse is for the Dead" kinda hyped you up the first 30 or so seconds of the acoustic and then went nowhere fast (lyrics were good tho), lets see how they pulled off the last track on this album, start of slow but you know you're in for a ride.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 08-17-2006 at 10:57 AM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Music   -   #3
    Hahaha which reminds me, on the topic of downloading.

During the Unholy Alliance tour with Slayer, when they came to Vancouver, Randy from Lamb of God before they broke into "Redneck" from the new album said that this new album kicked ass, here's exactly what he said, made me laugh:

This new album, its called Sacrament, is fucking kickass man...so...who the hell here is gonna go out and buy this album on the 22nd? Huh? (crowd goes nuts)....nah man you know what? Fuck it, go out and steal this album if you have to I don't care, it's that badass.
    There you go fellas, permission from the band to go and download if need be lol

4. Music   -   #4
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    got it off tb today, gonna have a listen when i get a chance. i'm sure it'll rock.

@cpt, that quote is phucking sweet. go randy go.

5. Music   -   #5
    @lee hell ya lol

oh and hey when's the next Audioslave album coming out? Them and tool are the only mellow bands that I absolutely love to listen to and Out of Exile is getting a bit worn out for me listened it to it more then I have my other albums

6. Music   -   #6
    Ok got my hands on an advance copy (no not the download, I'm loving the album art this time around, the booklet itself that is), I love people that work at HMV

Most vocalists lose their touch by the 4th album, not Randy Blythe, this guy is the most talented vocalist of em all, he seems to have refined the raspyness of his voice yet still maintains that cutting edge hair-raising melody.

Track 1 - Walk With Me In Hell
    Best intro track to a CD by far, followed closely by "Blackened" (metallica). There's a particularly awesome part at 2:30, but you'll have to listen up to that part, just forwarding to it ruins the moment. I'm loving the guitar work here, Willie and Mark seem to have learned to integrate better compared to Ashes of the Wake, you can definitely hear the lead/rhythm's in this one. The solo is fucking awesome as well. Lyrics wise it's quite damn moving, "Take my hand, for you are no longer alone, walk with me in hell", might sound cheesy but with Randy's voice it'll make the hair stand up on end on your body. Drumming is top notch, Chris knows how its done for sure.

Track 2 - Again We Rise:

Fucking awesome. The intro riff by Willie with phaseshifter I'm pretty sure is the hook and when Mark comes in with his riff (which I'm in the works of tabbing out by ear) is very damn catching, and Randy's "RISE!" is fucking brutal, this is what metal should be and it's a god damn shame that bands like Metallica and Iron Maiden can no longer do these kinds of things. There's an orchestral feel to this song, hard to explain, give it a listen for sure. Lyrics wise it's pretty damn clever, half the stuff he rhymes in here are unexpected, that's what makes it so damn good. 2:20 in is a riff that Mark comes in that which becomes the solo about 10 seconds later, that riff is a damn catchy one (natural harmonics with heavy palm muting) which I'm also trying to figure out. Drumming wise, Chris employs a lot more cymbals which is what gives this song that orchestral feel.

Track 3 - Redneck:

Pantera anyone? Guitars scream Dimebag in this song, lyrics wise it's just a fun song to listen to. This is their homage to one of the greatest metal bands that ever existed and they pulled it off without the slightest of hitches, this is a song you can blast on your system and fuck with the neighbours "This is a motherfucking invitation! The only one you can ever need!" Rock on true metalheads

I'll review the rest of the CD later, I haven't listened to it enough lol

7. Music   -   #7
    Necrophag's Avatar Hell no
    One of there best albums to be honest been fan since the start and each album has a different feel, taste and sound, did i say taste?
    Listened to the new album more then 10 times now and to be honest everytime i do it gets alot better
    But then again they are my fav band and most listened to on LastFM
    Some songs have grown on me others still 50/50 on.

Songs which stand out for me are,

Lamb of God - Walk With Me In Hell
    Lamb of God - Again We Rise
    Lamb of God - Redneck
    Lamb of God - Pathetic
    Lamb of God - Beating On Death's Door

Reason why this band rules is 1. no nu metal shit..
    Last edited by Necrophag; 08-20-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    " When you enter a room full of armed men
    shoot the first person who makes a move, hostile or otherwise.
    He has started to think and is therefore dangerous..."

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophag View Post
    One of there best albums to be honest been fan since the start and each album has a different feel, taste and sound, did i say taste?
    Listened to the new album more then 10 times now and to be honest everytime i do it gets alot better
    But then again they are my fav band and most listened to on LastFM
    Some songs have grown on me others still 50/50 on.

Songs which stand out for me are,

Lamb of God - Walk With Me In Hell
    Lamb of God - Again We Rise
    Lamb of God - Redneck
    Lamb of God - Pathetic
    Lamb of God - Beating On Death's Door

Reason why this band rules is 1. no nu metal shit..
    Yup, the thing with albums that you listen to more and more it grows on you more (rather you getting sick of it) is one of the best thing LoG can do, cuz I remember first listening to Ashes of the Wake and going meh, but I left it on loop by accident and listened to it all night long (I was not even aware I was listening ot anything while I was working on my comp, kinda like subliminal messaging lol) but that got me hooked.

This band is going to bring back metal man, and you are right, each album is unique, most albums dont transition well enough, but these guys know how its done, and for the record the only Nu-metal band I like is Slipknot but that's a completely diff story.

If you play guitar, msg me, I'm tabbing the album out by ear, so far I'm on track 7 (blacken the cursed sun), I'll send you the tabs if you want.

9. Music   -   #9
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    @lee hell ya lol

oh and hey when's the next Audioslave album coming out? Them and tool are the only mellow bands that I absolutely love to listen to and Out of Exile is getting a bit worn out for me listened it to it more then I have my other albums
    not too sure, i think sometime in the next month or two. i'm a huuuuge rage against the machine fan, and audioslave is not really a staple of listening for me (ratm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>audioslave). but yea, i also read in rolling stone (i think) that they're not even touring in support of it due to a flock of interferences. but regardless, i hope they make a good disc.

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lee551 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    @lee hell ya lol

not too sure, i think sometime in the next month or two. i'm a huuuuge rage against the machine fan, and audioslave is not really a staple of listening for me (ratm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>audioslave). but yea, i also read in rolling stone (i think) that they're not even touring in support of it due to a flock of interferences. but regardless, i hope they make a good disc.
    RAtM was quite good that's damn sure, Tom Morello is an awesome guitarist (his killswitch technique is what gets me, no way you can replicate unless you actually get a killswitch). I loved Out of Exile, it was a nice change of pace from all the other stuff I listen to. Here's hoping there next one is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast