Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new PC

Retired
    thnx for the info seedler.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 08-21-2006 at 08:56 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E} View Post
    Motherboard: Asus M2N-E
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ AM2 boxed Windsor
    Videocard: VGA Asus ATI EAX1600XT Silent/TVD 256MB PCI-E
    Memory: Corsair 2x1024MB DDR2 667 TWIN2X2048-5400C4
    Harddisk: Maxtor 320GB Diamondmax S-ATA2 7200rpm 16MB
    Floppy Disk: Sony 3,5" FDD 1.44MB
    DVD: Pioneer DVD+/-R/RW/DL DVR-111D Bulk
    Power Supply: Coolermaster 500Watt PSU RS-500-ASAA iGreen ATX2.2
    Extra Cooler: Zalman silent fan ZM-F1
    Software: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition NL OEM
    Case: Q-Tec V-MD

Monitor: Samsung 17" TFT 720N Silver

Will have it Thursday
    Looks good. With Cool'n'Quiet it should be almost silent as well.

I love my M2N32-Sli Delixe WE but am still kicking myself I didn't hold out a few weeks longer for the drop in X2 CPU prices. I nearly gave in to temptation at a fair yesterday and upgraded my 3500+ to an 3800+X2 but kept my cool.

Strangely, the CPU temp is lower than the chipset. Asus tech support tell me this is correct and that CPU @ 30 and mobo @ 46 is normal.
    That's on stock cooling.

There are some nice 'green' touches.
    Asus' AI Nap puts the system into a zombie like mode that just keeps everything ticking over with no sound or video and reduced power all round to save energy. I use it when leaving it running overnight or at work.
    The Cool'n'Quiet stuff automatically throttles fans depending on temps and CPU power depending on what you're doing. When the CPU isn't actually being used (reading a web page etc.) the CPU is throttled down to reduce power. The graphical display, when enabled, showed me my CPU freq dropping to 1000MHz and it's power usage to about 40W (from 89W).
    These things won't make much of a difference to my electric bill but on a worldwide scale this sort of thing is a decent effort on AMD's part.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Retired
    so AI Nap works the same as the windows hibernate option but with AI Nap you can still be connected to the internet?

I found 'AMD Dual-Core Optimizer' on the website of AMD. Should i use that? (URL)
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 08-21-2006 at 09:02 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I think you should install it.
    I would if I had an X2... which I don't
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E} View Post
    I found 'AMD Dual-Core Optimizer' on the website of AMD. Should i use that? (URL)
    Yup, definitely.
    You can get even more control over the functions of Cool 'n Quiet by using Crystal CPUID.
    This app allows you to define the three power states and when your PC enters them.
    It's interesting to play with but ultimately I found it not to make much difference.

These chips will overclock and undervolt simultaneously...my 4400 runs (stable) @ 2.5GHz and 1.3 vCore. With good cooling (*ahem*), temps range from the low twenties to mid thirties and were only a degree or three less when in the lowest power state of cool 'n quiet.
    YMMV, naturally.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Well its kind of too expensive. I have LCD 17" Samsung 710T Silver, PX6600 TD 128 MB PCI-E, Biostar S-939 PCI-E, AMD 3000+ S-939 PCI-E, 2X1GB RAM, 550W + fan, 1 fan on side, midi tower, sound+mouse+keyboard;all together on june 2005: 1080 $
    And than i have around 1,3 tb on disks(on 2 disks some cooling things) + dvd/rw, some shit for diskettes. I belive thats all.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by limesqueezer View Post
    Well its kind of too expensive. I have LCD 17" Samsung 710T Silver, PX6600 TD 128 MB PCI-E, Biostar S-939 PCI-E, AMD 3000+ S-939 PCI-E, 2X1GB RAM, 550W + fan, 1 fan on side, midi tower, sound+mouse+keyboard;all together on june 2005: 1080 $
    And than i have around 1,3 tb on disks(on 2 disks some cooling things) + dvd/rw, some shit for diskettes. I belive thats all.
    Did you miss the part where IKE said he could've got the parts cheaper and unassembled but didn't want the hassle?

Asus > biostar BTW.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    limesqueezer's Avatar kwasheni rejtash
    Chewie: u reply to every post i make on any of this forums like u look like.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Asus > biostar BTW.
    Cat sick > Biostar.
    DFI > Asus.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I was looking at the same mobo..is it any good?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast