Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you get paid an hour?

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    I don't have any credit cards and probably will never have one after realising credit card companies are nothing but legalised loan sharks
    Not if you just pay it off
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. Lounge   -   #92
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Yeah well, there's the thing
    I'm terrible with money. I'd probably run it up to its limit and then spend the next 20 years paying it off.
    Safer not to

3. Lounge   -   #93
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    I don't have any credit cards and probably will never have one after realising credit card companies are nothing but legalised loan sharks
    So no mortgage or car financing then either.

4. Lounge   -   #94
    If there's more than a £2000 difference in the income you quote as your own it DOES get flagged up

fact

The household income is irrelevant. It might increase your initial credit limit, but that's about it. You don't even have to give it if you don't want to.
    And as JP said, if you are found to fraudulently apply for a credit card, which includes lying about your income, you get marked by the credit reference agencies and the fraud agencies.

My point stands.
    Someone's income is a crucial piece of information if you were thinking about stealing someone's identity.

BTW
    They blocked this website at work
    Credit card companies ask for household income though but you it's irrelevant and it need not be given to them.

The fook?

5. Lounge   -   #95
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Credit card companies ask for household income though but you it's irrelevant and it need not be given to them.

The fook?
    What the fuck does that mean.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. Lounge   -   #96
    Nope, if you don't want to give the household income you don't have to. Just as you can decide not to include your financial partners in the application.

They'll also ask you for your employers address, bank details and more than one contact number. None of which you have to give

Buy my cars cash, don't want a mortgage as I'm not interested in owning a house. I like moving around and I doubt I'll always stay in this country, so why would I want to own a house, or have a mortgage and be at least £70K in debt?

Everything single thing I own is fully mine and I owe no institution any money whatsoever.

7. Lounge   -   #97
    Nope, if you don't want to give the household income you don't have to. Just as you can decide not to include your financial partners in the application.

They'll also ask you for your employers address, bank details and more than one contact number. None of which you have to give

Buy my cars cash, don't want a mortgage as I'm not interested in owning a house. I like moving around and I doubt I'll always stay in this country, so why would I want to own a house, or have a mortgage and be at least £70K in debt?

Everything single thing I own is fully mine and I owe no institution any money whatsoever.
    That's right you do travel. I forgot.

So disclosing income isn't necessary for credit? How is it a security risk then? I know every union person's income level in my company (it's in a contract book) and some management.

Btw, the most guarded thing here is your SSN#. Income is squat. No SSN, no credito.

8. Lounge   -   #98
    Your personal income IS important, but the household income isn't.

It means jack all if your partner earns £50K. If you don't earn at least £10K you're not getting a credit card ( with us anyway, it does vary from company to company) unless you have assets you get an income from. Like property, or shares etc...

Don't know what an SSN nr is but I assume it's like an NI nr here. Not necessary for any type of application.

9. Lounge   -   #99
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

hourly wage X 2080 hours
    Assuming you get paid leave and work 40 hours a week.
    Okay assuming that 22080 yearly
    Could go up at some point soon too and i also might work some saturdays once in a while.
    Considering I have no monthly bills to pay yet and don't own a house...

10. Lounge   -   #100
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco View Post
    Okay assuming that 22080 yearly
    Could go up at some point soon too and i also might work some saturdays once in a while.
    Considering I have no monthly bills to pay yet and don't own a house...
    Okay sorry.

hourly wage X # hours per week work X # weeks per year work

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast