Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Banned From Oink?

deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Never a good idea to argue with staff i guess not sure what you could do to get back in.Maybe go back to the irc and apologize or something.Some times saying sorry goes a long way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by zwilliams11788 View Post
    I was recently banned from oink for some stupid crap about not following their upload rules. Anyways I have recieved another invite. And Im presuming they have blocked my ip address. What can i do. I dont know how i can make it look like i have a different ip than i do. I mean will they immeadiatly ban me again if i start downloading on the same ip address. And another question if by somehow i do block my ip address would they ban me for doing that. Any help would be appreciated.
    The info for Irc is below and those kind of rules ex. "what music bitrate is acceptable to upload" is what makes Oinks one of the best site for music and they want to offer quality gurantee to there users.

Irc info: irc.oink.me.uk:6667 #OiNK
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 08-29-2006 at 02:13 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    oo3's Avatar Supa Friendly AviatR
    Was that the only thing that you did to get banned (uploading 128 instead of minimum 192)? Or was there more to it? That seems kind of harsh if it was.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Speaking as an oink user who accidently uploaded some low quality stuff (was a discography, I *THOUGHT* that all that I had of that band was 192 or higher, but it turned out 1 or 2 albums were not), he had to at least be a repeat offender. I received a warning, and nothing more came of it. I had also once before then tried to upload something which was indeed a very hard to find cd which I only happened to have in low quality, and had recieved warning (actually private message I believe, to distinguish from an actual warning). Though I suppose it could also be due to arguing it in irc and making a scene.

At any rate, to a certain extent I can agree with him about it being a stupid rule, only because it does not allow for exceptions. In general I certainly think that below 192 kbps is a good idea. An exception for rare things would be nice, but I am sure that it would also create more work for the staff, because they aren't going to know what all is or isn't available in higher bitrates.

But really, avoiding the ban is probably a bad idea, I would advise that you speak with the staff, apologize, and respectfully request you be given another chance. Really, it's their site, and if they don't want certain things uploaded there, then don't do it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I got banned then rejoined and I was fine. I have the same IP every time too.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Was that the only thing that you did to get banned (uploading 128 instead of minimum 192)? Or was there more to it? That seems kind of harsh if it was.
    Thats exactly why I posted the IRC info for Oink because if thats the only rule he broke then maybe apologizing to staff for his mistake and promising not to do it again, he might have a chance of getting his account back.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    asdfasdfasdf
    Last edited by zwilliams11788; 07-23-2015 at 03:10 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Going off at the mod isn't going to get you in you've had some good advice so for and I don't have much to add though if you do use the invite careful not to get the guy that hooked you up in trouble. good luck

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I suggest if you get in to the site again pm one of the staff and get approval of uploading that lower bitrate file since I am sure if its a hard to find track they most likely will approve and if they dont then there nothing you can do.
    But at least this way you avoid any problems and if Oink's staff allowed you to share it you might even be given a thanks for sharing such a hard to find track.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    and get approval of uploading that lower bitrate file since I am sure if its a hard to find track they most likely will approve and if they dont then there nothing you can do.
    oink strives to keep minimum standards.
    their preferred format is now flac.
    128 bitrate will never be found on oink, ever.
    192 bitrate is the "absolute minimum" they will let u upload.
    even if it is something very rare, or an album not released yet, they wont bend the rule on this.

if u do break their uploading rules, they simply take away ur uploading rights, they dont ban u.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast