Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Banned From Oink?

DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Thanks for the correction j0hn and I guess then the reason he got disabled was for getting into an arguement with the staff.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Huh?
    You hate those Oink nazis, but you're whining that you cant get in their site?

They have the rule of minimum 192 bitrate. If youu don't like that, upload to the moon.

:::Heres a Kleenex:::
    Last edited by Pr1nc3; 08-29-2006 at 02:06 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Piyush Singh's Avatar ImPoster BT Rep: +1
    Oink Nazis ???
    AFAIK they are the most lenient of the guys.
    If u wanna have a look at stiff mods, try Bitme.
    I have been warned twice in succession & am currently on a 51 days warning.That too when I have been a PU for long, with 90+ GB up & 1.22 Ratio & 201 uploaded torrents.
    I was cross at them at first but then I realised that is what makes it the best e-learning tracker around. Just have a look at the comments guys make about the torrents there & u'll see what a knowledgeable community they have there.
    Following rules is a very small price to pay if u wanna be a member of an esteemed community.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by zwilliams11788 View Post
    I just wanted to update you guys on the situation. Basically i made a last ditched effort at the help irc. Ive just had it with those nazis. So i just went off on the mod. Who suprisingly let me on for like 3 minutes. I said its hipocritical to have these ridiculous rules for something that is illegal and free. Like the cuddly bear avatar rule. I mean its like saying murders legal but you can only do it with high quality guns. Its just ridiculous. If you dont want to download my rare Beatles revolver tracks then dont but there were people downloading them when they stopped it. I mean something rare isnt going to be perfect and even if you encode it at a higher rate its still fake quality. sorry for the rant its just ive never hated something so stupid as a stupid torrent tracker as much as i hate oink right now.
    sorry dude but i think you are definitely wrong with your opinion.

the moment you joined that site you agreed to follow the rules, whether you had read them or not.
    the moment you started using the site, you had the responsibility to follow the rules, whether you liked them or not.

being a member of a private community is a privilege, not a right. nobody at all forces you to use their site, it is not a monopoly either, so if you do not like the rules the site enforce, feel free NOT to use it and use a site whose rules you agree with.

again, you dont have any right to complain about their rules, because you have the liberty to decide whether to use the site (and consequently, conform to the rules) or not.

yes, downloading is illegal, nobody claimed it isn't, but what has that to do with discipline? the rules are there to enforce some standards, to give a guarantee to the users of the stuff they will get. they strive to give that guarantee, and if users post faulty things (faulty by their own rules, yes, but faulty) it's the community that has to suffer and the staff's credibility as a site offering quality.
    without discipline, there would be chaos and anarchy. i hope we can all agree on that.

as a matter of fact, i dont like their new rule of disallowing multi-album torrents either (among other things). i would much rather comfortably download discographies than single albums. but then again, i agreed to the rules when registering, and i have to conform to them.
    so i have no right whatsoever to expect anything from them, because they are providing for me and keeping everything organized, despite the compromises.

so think again before making such unfounded accusations

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    huh... i wasn't aware of that no multi-album torrent rule... glad you mentioned it, or i probably would have chalked up another warning due to ignorance.

As to what else you said, I mostly agree. Though I do think he can complain about the rule as much as he wants, so long as he follows it.

The time to argue the rule is not when you have recieved a warning from staff though. That is just a time to say, I'm sorry, won't happen again. You don't have to like the rule. I don't always like the rule. But hey, their rules are a part of their site, so if you want back in, you should recognize that those rules are part of what you want back.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by viirin View Post
    huh... i wasn't aware of that no multi-album torrent rule... glad you mentioned it, or i probably would have chalked up another warning due to ignorance.
    its anew rule, and tells u in big bright letters when u try to upload something.
    so theres no way u could do that by error and not know.

about oink being nazis, thats just crazy. their minimum required ratio is the lowest on any site im on.

if thats not fair, i dont know what is.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    NaToLa's Avatar Bond... James Bond BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    Going off at the mod isn't going to get you in you've had some good advice so for and I don't have much to add though if you do use the invite careful not to get the guy that hooked you up in trouble. good luck
    If you are banned you just can't talk, they don't listen what you have to say, you just can't defend yourself or ask
    the real reasons why you have been banned. Last week i get 2 "TWO" invites to Oink and i was banned right after
    i pressed enter to go to the link's of the invites, i get a message telling me that i was banned before and my invite
    as been delete. I never have been a Oink member before this so why i have been banned? I try to go to the Irc to
    wask what's the problem and i can't heaven talk because they have a script that detects if you have been banned.
    Later i ask a friend to see what's the problem and he told me they banned a guy who connects from my ISP and
    they just banned all the connections made from my Isp. Really unfair!
    To tell you the truth i don't give a shit to those Oink nazis, maybe one day they knock at the wrong door.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    No offense, but OiNK is a large site with a huge user base, that would be a lot bigger with open registration, a few users not being on the site wont really do much to them.

Now on the first page it was mentioned about stait and dynamic IP addresses, logging off and backon will not change your ip, it may change it for your internal IP address on your router if you haven't got them configured to static, but that is only useful when forwarding ports. If you want to try and change your routers IP address, unplug your routers power, then turn it back on, once your connected to the net again, check to see if your IP address has changed, if so then you will be able to regain access to the site with another invite.

You did the wrong thing by going off at the mod, especially the second time you accessed the channel after being banned. Like already mentioned by another user, even though the files on the site aren't legal, you still must conform to the rules set out by the staff, you did agree upon sign up to follow them, and if you don't then they do have every right to ban you and not allow you back in.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by NaToLa View Post
    If you are banned you just can't talk, they don't listen what you have to say, you just can't defend yourself or ask
    the real reasons why you have been banned. Last week i get 2 "TWO" invites to Oink and i was banned right after
    i pressed enter to go to the link's of the invites, i get a message telling me that i was banned before and my invite
    as been delete. I never have been a Oink member before this so why i have been banned? I try to go to the Irc to
    wask what's the problem and i can't heaven talk because they have a script that detects if you have been banned.
    Later i ask a friend to see what's the problem and he told me they banned a guy who connects from my ISP and
    they just banned all the connections made from my Isp. Really unfair!
    To tell you the truth i don't give a shit to those Oink nazis, maybe one day they knock at the wrong door.
    Oink has one of the thoughest security rules...
    Calling them nazis for that reason doesn't make your case look any better.You should think about that.
    However, I suggest that you contact them (huh nazis?) thorough email, IRc or alike, explaining in what difficult situation you are in. They might consider.
    FYI: hitting your head on the wall, doesn't hurt THEM.

BTW, I'm not affiliated in any way or form with Oink. This is my personal point of view, which may differ from Oink. I'm nothing but a member/user.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123