Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

Quote Originally Posted by blekitna View Post
    Trust me that ,many, many good and honest people from torrent sites were banned because somebody HERE has the same login as person from torrent site

Moderators from torrent sites think that every person have reserved his "username" on every torrent sites or forums
    (and why moderators think that 2 other person - are the same person
    If this is true you should be glad about the new layout.
    If this were to happen it could be dealt with now...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY View Post
    Dont think couldve put this much better than you have. As for changinging their titles or sig well leave that to each of them although it would be nice for clarification if they want. Regarding posts containing info thats unwanted we now have added filters to deal with this. Reagrding access to members information only the staff here at FST has access to that...
    thanks for the clarity.
    i noticed a few have put their site in their title already too.
    So now every person who offer invites to this sites: FTN, F***, Bit**, FSC,BitmeTV, x264, torrentleech, E***o, u*** , Sc*, ..., will be banned on this torrent sites community?
    thats not a bad thing
    those sites are private for a reason
    it doesnt help the torrent community to go shouting out the sites name, or trading their invites when they dont want u to.

im definately a fan of this.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    So now every person who offer invites to this sites: FTN, F***, Bit**, FSC,BitmeTV, x264, torrentleech, E***o, u*** , Sc*, ..., will be banned on this torrent sites community?

Nice nice

Congratulation
    no offense, but the idea is that people don't trade invites to these sites, so people offering them should be banned from the community on which the invite is offered to. so where is the problem here?

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    B O O S BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    So now
    no offense, but the idea is that people don't trade invites to these sites, so people offering them should be banned from the community on which the invite is offered to. so where is the problem here?
    So why staff these sites give us invites?

For many people this forum is unique chance to get into this forbidden site community and on this forum is many, many good sharer people - I know

They (staff this forbidden sites) giving us invites propably want NEW GOOD trusted and honest members

And on this forum is many, many, many good and trusted BT sharefiler PEOPLE !!!!!
    ...so why I can't get invite this good and trusted person?

PARANOIA
    Last edited by blekitna; 08-29-2006 at 11:47 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Invites are handed out so people can invite people they know and trust. This does not include people on a public forum who "have proof of a good ratio somewhere". This never indicates anything for 2 main reasons:

* just because a member has a good ratio on one site, does not mean they will keep a good ratio on another
    * user's do not have the one username for all sites, it is quite easy to use a nick someone else has used to gain themselves a good ratio on one site and pass themselves off as that person (users.php is useful for people wanting to do that as you should know).

On top of that, often people on public trackers get invites without showing anything of themselves, and the invitee not knowing who they are invited, it is because of this that invites aren't to be given out to people they don't know and trust.

You may think that's impossible for you to get into these sites but really it isn't, you just need to take the time to get to know people on the sites you are at, then someone who trusts you that has invites will offer to invite you, rather than you breaking the site rules in order to achieve access.

I understand that a lot of users on this site may be good users, this still does not change the fact that it's a public forum, open for anyone to access and some site's just don't wish to have their invites offered out like giveaways at a promotional barbeque.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    TimeRavine's Avatar Time's Ravine BT Rep: +3
    I think the addition of this new group has scared users more than anything else, perhaps because they have the word "staff" in their title. Still most of them have been members here for some time and so the possibility of getting our accounts banned has always remained present.

Nevertheless blekitna you're definitely right that this board is a unique chance to get into many sites and the many users here are respectable filesharers
    Last edited by TimeRavine; 08-30-2006 at 12:06 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    he is not right, this board is not meant to be an oppurtunity to get into these sites that don't wish users from here to get access like this. users are meant to follow site rules and breaking them while trying to get access to these sites is not going to get you access a lot of the time.

just as staff from other sites are expected to follow site rules here, users are meant to follow the site rules for other sites. there is no longer the excuse of i didn't know when user's repeately breach the rules. users offering invites on this site will of coarse get there invite's if not accounts removed on the sites involved. i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address, if that was the case, then unless you were breaking the rules you would have nothing to worry about.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Cool i think that this will make the community stronger....
    Last edited by gamer4eva; 08-30-2006 at 01:52 AM.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    DISABLED PRIVS
    If the new class has scared users and driven them away, then it just says that the only reason those users were here was to find invites to other sites. You only see a few people complain, compared to the number of users registered to this site. Honesty, if they got to know this community and the users, they wouldn't have to beg/trade for invites publicly.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    he is not right, this board is not meant to be an oppurtunity to get into these sites that don't wish users from here to get access like this. users are meant to follow site rules and breaking them while trying to get access to these sites is not going to get you access a lot of the time.

just as staff from other sites are expected to follow site rules here, users are meant to follow the site rules for other sites. there is no longer the excuse of i didn't know when user's repeately breach the rules. users offering invites on this site will of coarse get there invite's if not accounts removed on the sites involved. i'm not sure if the staff are willing to disclose ip addresses to other staff members here, however in the case of members offering invites to sites which they aren't meant to, i would be all for it. this does not mean i think the "community staff" should see all users ips, but if a user is breaking the rules for the site in which they are staff, then i think they should be entitled to that users ip address, if that was the case, then unless you were breaking the rules you would have nothing to worry about.

I was with you until you said it would be cool to disclose the ip addresses...way too far there dude. Perhaps the RIAA and such groups would think we we're "breaking rules" as well, should they get our ip addresses? This is the kind of thing I'm worried about, the last thing we need is more people monitoring our chatter.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast