Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqozo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    are you really that ignorant, most of the good site's don't get their torrents from other trackers, the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.
    The ignorant here is you. I didn`t talk about 0-day shit, I talk about the shit like sedgr, tpbz, bitme etc
    jaqozo is right about the stealing

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there. most tpbz users know that.
    tpbz is a great community, the rightful successor of the former sed.GR (most mods former mods from sed.gr are mods at tpbz)

bitme is a valuable tracker, some users on tpbz leaked some exclusive releases to bitme, but that were the USERS, not the staff on bitme so they are not to be blamed

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post
    The ignorant here is you. I didn`t talk about 0-day shit, I talk about the shit like sedgr, tpbz, bitme etc

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there.
    Hence why Halt3r was on about the good ones, not the lame ones.

Some say I've got a bad attitude, but that don't change the way I feel about you!

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    On the topic of our access right to your information:
    We see nothing more than your average users see. The only differance in our accounts is we get more shiney stars

If you only knew the history of those stars

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Quote Originally Posted by syD View Post

sedgr.COM is one of the lamest and most pathetic trackers out there. most tpbz users know that.
    tpbz is a great community, the rightful successor of the former sed.GR (most mods former mods from sed.gr are mods at tpbz)

bitme is a valuable tracker, some users on tpbz leaked some exclusive releases to bitme, but that were the USERS, not the staff on bitme so they are not to be blamed

Many times you will find staff on most sites are more involved with helping users or managing the site. They many times dont notice WHERE the content being posted is coming from. Myself personally I like sites where theres alot of custom content thats created by the uploaders themselves, as well as the content filtered in from the scene. Provides a great number or releases for all us picky users. I personally have been using bitsoup the last couple of weeks. Great site despite what others may think.

Barbarossa feel free to provide some insight if you like. Would be glad to hear your opinion on them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    syD's Avatar RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    the uploaders get them from the top sites where the groups release them to.
    top sites? you have got to be kidding youself mate! perhaps you meant dumps... there's a slight difference between the two

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    Community Rep

Alot of posts are being done by personal opinion rather than actual experience it seems.

Most torrent sites, despite being totally different sites, actually DO work together. They work together helping each other out, whether it's a member that's not doing as told, to coding issues, threats etc. At least the ones I know of are very helpful in helping other staff of other sites.

RealitY, has access to forums that I've made possible for him to see this all in action. There are a few squabbles, but the majority of people do respect the others.

Each individual site is intitled to have it's own sets of rules. What makes one site different than another is the staff. Some staff may find it neccessary to enforce some rules more than others. Whereas on another site, that rule is there but they bother enforcing something else.

Private does not necessarily mean "invite only". Some sites are invite only but advertise openly. Others are what I'd describe as "underground".
    When you sign up to any site you check the box that asks if you read the rules. If you don't abide by that site's rules that person violates the agreement and it can be terminated. As mentioned this has a lot to do with individual staff of that site.

Grouping sites jaqozo as a clump is unfair when you say that "all sites download .....". Yes, this DOES happen time to time on a site or two, but not ALL sites do this.

I have not seen where anyone has said that this site was "scum". Putting words out that were not said is also unfair. It's giving a false perception of things.

Knowing how sites "normally" operate, I can say that the bt grapevine runs deep. If one person knows about something you can bet by the end of the day that 1000+ will know.

It was only about a year ago, that you couldn't even mention another site's name on another site. Most of you have to have noticed that this has relaxed some. URLs mostly are not allowed still, but naming a site is ok. Alot of his has come with sites banding together and supporting each other with what they know. Sometimes that information just may be some guy on some site posting a site which shouldn't be named. Such as this case.

I approached RealitY on a subject that was mentioned, about invites. I was not rude, mad or offensive to him. I would think I was very nice, and friendly. Simply I asked him what I had heard was true or not, and just wanted to find out what happened.

Talking with him, he thought it would be a great idea in helping sites out here as well. I showed him the set up we had. He's seen it all first hand.
    No one has forced anyone here to do this. It was thought of as a great idea to help each other out not a hostile takeover. No one is telling FST how to run the site. They ARE the ones running it. Just now they happen to be tapped into a larger resource of knowlege.

Knowlege is power. The more you know the more informed you can be to make actual opinions and decisions.

What's so bad about expanding someone's learning?

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Dr. Lecter's Avatar Zeppelin For Life BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    . (You could compare this to countries in the world if you would like an example. EX: Israel has 12 yr old boys walking around the streets in their army with guns. The United states doesnt. Just because 1 place runs things a certain way doesnt mean everyone has to.)
    Friend, I think u're watching 2 much CNN.
    From where did u get that idea ? 12 yr old boys with guns....
    First know the facts - then u can write whatever u want.

(& no, we don't use Camels to get from 1 place 2 the other)

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    So long as the new chaps don't have access to my personal details, including IP then I'm not really fussed.

Tho' to be fair I have been saying you shouldn't be "trading invites" with people you don't know for months know. Further that the private BT sites whose invites are being shared are going to get a bit fucking annoyed about it.

It's sort of defeating the idea of private tracker. Some muppet coming here, making 5 posts, then getting invites to private sites. It sort of defeats the point. N'est ce pas.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    Community Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    So long as the new chaps don't have access to my personal details, including IP then I'm not really fussed.

Tho' to be fair I have been saying you shouldn't be "trading invites" with people you don't know for months know. Further that the private BT sites whose invites are being shared are going to get a bit fucking annoyed about it.

It's sort of defeating the idea of private tracker. Some muppet coming here, making 5 posts, then getting invites to private sites. It sort of defeats the point. N'est ce pas.
    I know ALL about you...
    Joking with you of course lol.

Sorry, for laughing but you sounded so cute being a bit paranoid lol

No worries, it's nothing like that, I can only see as much detail as you are willing to share on your own profile. No one has access to FST staff tools or access levels.

Sorry again, but it DID sound cute lol

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    To clarify and will be added to the first post...

For those interested most of the sites represented at FST dont have any objections to trades and just ask you do it responsibly. The only site that were currently aware that does object to is u*** so just dont trade those as theres many others you can. They dont even have invites currently. Some sites dont want their names or urls mentioned and FST has filters for those so dont use spaces or something similar. Hope this clarifies things a bit...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast