Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Rep

Kirkedir's Avatar Eagle Hunter BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien5 View Post
    Reality why did you let the users here offer accounts to **-* ? Did you know invites to **-* had stopped 37 weeks ago because of bunch of people cheating etc.?
    How people can know that you closed invite section if they are not a member and when try to open yr url just see wheel.

I think nobody knows your site before I opened a topic.
    I saw it on a forum and I want to join to cominity.I offered many account and invites but could not trade due noone has an account that time.
    One of myfriend found an account on a trackers invite section and gaved to me just to check inside. Honestly I did not like it as the other accounts I have.
    Myfriend lost his account in to days. The guy who was traded just get back the account some how . When I wrote here on fst I saw that Same fucking gay did it to others as well. As I remember the user name was VCR.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    I did answer your question with a question in reply. torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech are not in the same classification of site to the private sites I talk about in my posts, you can say what you want about them provided you follow those site's rules, however these other site's ask for their site's not to be discussed, and in owning the site surely they have to right to ask this, so again i ask you, why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i don't see why you all jumped down my throat about what i said about ip addresses, now i know the staff here aren't going to do this, however if a member was to post a thread here saying they have insites to site x. Yet site x has a rule in place where their user's aren't meant to post thread's offering invites in public places, in my personal opinion (and that is all this is) the staff at ftn and staff here should be able to transfer information (including IP addresses) between each other to determine which user this is on ftn. If they don't then ftn may not be able to work out which user on their site is breaking their rules, or worse the person may have a different site nic on this site to ftn, however the nick used on this site could be used by a user on ftn and they could lose their account despite doing nothing wrong. Now you can jump up and down saying that's a terrible idea, but why is it? the ftn staff should already have this ip address in their database, the user's here wouldn't have to worry unless they were breaking any rules, so where is this idea so bad?

People jump down your throat because giving out ip addresses is ridiculous! FST doesn't answer to anyone, including torrent trackers. Who decides who FST should be able to give our info to, you? What if the RIAA, MPAA, etc. want it? The argument that if I'm not doing anything bad I shouldn't have anything to worry about has been used by all of those groups. What if some admin at some site just has a personal grudge against me...then gets my personal info here and makes my life hell? This site is about openness and discussion. In today's world, paramount to that is anonymity. Take that away, and people aren't willing to freely speak.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    i didn't say it's what the staff should do, i merely expressed it as an opinion of my own, wondering what other people's opinion's were.

Take that away, and people aren't willing to freely speak.
    I'm not saying just give anyone anyone else's ip address, i am just saying in my opinion i think it would be great if staff from different communities could work together to try and allow site rules to be followed.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    BANNED BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r View Post
    I did answer your question with a question in reply. torrentbytes, bitsoup, filelist, oink, torrentleech are not in the same classification of site to the private sites I talk about in my posts, you can say what you want about them provided you follow those site's rules, however these other site's ask for their site's not to be discussed, and in owning the site surely they have to right to ask this, so again i ask you, why shouldn't the site's be allowed to set their own rules and expect their users to abide by them?
    I really appreciate those private sites and their rules, though I can`t say that TL , TB , oink are public sites.
    But again, let`s say those sites wish to be private, i.e. small community with trusted members only, everyone knows each other, like a family. But no, that`s not the situation. So if you can`t mention it here, PM me and tell me one reason why TB is to be mentioned and **-* is not, while both of them providing the same content.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    because TB allows it's members to, where as wheelmods states clearly that it does not want to be talked about.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    If you have nothing to say, just stfu, as simple as that.
    What a waste of time it was...

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    tetrakis's Avatar Nucleophile BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I'm not saying just give anyone anyone else's ip address, i am just saying in my opinion i think it would be great if staff from different communities could work together to try and allow site rules to be followed.

My point is that being an admin at a torrent site (even if it's a really good one) doesn't all of sudden elevate you to some level where you get to see personal info at a different site.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    it's an ip address that this person should already have access to anyway on their torrent site, if the user is claiming to have invites to that site.

and jaqozo i just answered your question, how did i not?

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Halt3r
    and jaqozo i just answered your question, how did i not?
    Yep, I`m bored, but not to much to continue empty conversations with you like "why shouldn`t I kill people ? because the law doesn`t allow that"

bullshit, the torrent sites steal torrents one from another, and if one has a rule against uploading its content to other trackers, the latter don`t care. so if there is no cooperation between trackers towards respecting mutual rules, why should you bother to try it here ?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast