Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stargate SG-1 Cancelled by SciFi Channel

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I can't even stress the amount of ranting I want to do over the decision to cancel the show... If they were going to cancel the show, they should have done it at the end of the ghou'ld war, yet since we've had to trudge through endless boring Ja'fa politics, and just as the show begins getting good again with the ascended Ori from another galaxy, they decide to end it...

Anyone know if they even plan to end the season? I've watched this show since episode #1, and I can't imagine them ending without giving at least SOME kind of closure...

Knowing that they're going to cancel, I can't believe they wasted a time slot on that boring ass excuse for a 200th episode.

edit: What the hell do they plan to replace it with? Aside from Atlantis, the only other show with potential is Eureka, and unless it gets a WHOLE lot better, sci-fi better start thinking of making another SG spinoff...

I better quite before I end up with 50 edits to this post......
    Last edited by Damnatory; 09-01-2006 at 08:46 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Retired
    They will finish this season.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    well this really sux...i watched the whole show 2 times some episodes more than that and i would hate the show to end like this...they weren't capable to beat the goa'ulds in 9 seasons and they will defeat the ori in just one season

i agree with Damnatory it should have ended with the defeat of the goa'uld or it should continue

they did exactly the same thing with star trek enterprise...they had a big finish after season 3 could have been perfect for the series finale...and they continue with season 4 which had an abysmal finale...don't get me wrong...i'm not against this shows having another season...i just don't think that the season 10 finale will be that good

...and atlantis is nothing compared to sg-1
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by pECi View Post
    they weren't capable to beat the goa'ulds in 9 seasons and they will defeat the ori in just one season
    I don't think they will defeat them

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    WTF, if it's cancelled why are they still shooting? I was on my way to and from Burnaby SFU campus and they're shooting in Surrey near the Navy League on 140th street, this makes no sense. If it's cancelled why bother finishing existing episodes?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad View Post
    WTF, if it's cancelled why are they still shooting? I was on my way to and from Burnaby SFU campus and they're shooting in Surrey near the Navy League on 140th street, this makes no sense. If it's cancelled why bother finishing existing episodes?
    Uh why not?

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Uh why not?
    Because its cancelled maybe? lol, they were shooting episode 19 (I think, there were signs all over the place). That article posted says they only will show like 17 eps from this season.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

Uh why not?
    Because its cancelled maybe? lol, they were shooting episode 19 (I think, there were signs all over the place). That article posted says they only will show like 17 eps from this season.
    Gotcha. If they don't have anything better to replace it, I say let the full 22 episodes roll.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Agrajag's Avatar Just Lame
    That's bad news, It was one of my favourite sci-fi progs. I thought they had actually done a good job of replacing Jack O'Neill. Never the same without him obviously, but it was still good enough to keep going.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    pECi's Avatar ZOMG!! Torrent PLSSS BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    If it's cancelled why bother finishing existing episodes?
    because they have a contract maybe??
    because sci-fi paid for this season??

anyway let's hope scifi changes it's mind or they find another buyer for the show in time coz i don't want it to end
    Last edited by pECi; 09-02-2006 at 08:16 PM.
    http://metal.iplay.ro/pic/rmtlogosig.gif

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast