Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh...Is everyone from britain

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrabGirl View Post
    Ooooo, I'd love a nice cuppa char. Followed by tomato sarnies and lashings of ginger ale.

Seriously though, what kind of question is that anyhow. What makes you as a "Yank" so different from me as a "Brit" - Apart from your sports, which are a bit odd.
    Alot apparentlee.

Word police, lashings, your 2 main sports (soccer and soccer), shiite (Muslims), meh, I loike tay, turn off teh loite, aye mate, I'll get my coat...sir, Go the Hoops instead of Go Hoops, prim and propa, the use of Francais (honestement, apparentement, excrement) etc. for a start.

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrolyBoo View Post
    SEE WHAT I MEAN I DONT UNDERSTAND WTF YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT

damn you brits!!!!!
    I don't in all honesty think your lack of understanding is a cultural thing. I think it comes down to the fact that you're a dumbass Yank.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Ooooo, I'd love a nice cuppa char. Followed by tomato sarnies and lashings of ginger ale.

Seriously though, what kind of question is that anyhow. What makes you as a "Yank" so different from me as a "Brit" - Apart from your sports, which are a bit odd.
    Alot apparentlee.

Word police, lashings, your 2 main sports (soccer and soccer), shiite (Muslims), meh, I loike tay, turn off teh loite, aye mate, I'll get my coat...sir, Go the Hoops instead of Go Hoops, prim and propa, etc. for a start.
    Thing is though, I don't know anyone like that. We're a tiny little Island but people speak and act so differently from one end to the other. Down here in the West Country people are all "oooarrr, where'e me tractor, I wants a pastie", and life is quite slow. I think the rest of the world thinks we're all a strange mix of Cockney "Mary Poppins-style" cheeky chappies and Jeeves the butler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Word police I agree with though. I'm from the South East, where we say Barhth, Farrst, etc, and here I get laughed at coz they say baaaath, faaast etc. Happens all over the world I expect.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    the lebanon lol

5. Lounge   -   #35

Alot apparentlee.

Word police, lashings, your 2 main sports (soccer and soccer), shiite (Muslims), meh, I loike tay, turn off teh loite, aye mate, I'll get my coat...sir, Go the Hoops instead of Go Hoops, prim and propa, etc. for a start.
    Thing is though, I don't know anyone like that. We're a tiny little Island but people speak and act so differently from one end to the other. Down here in the West Country people are all "oooarrr, where'e me tractor, I wants a pastie", and life is quite slow. I think the rest of the world thinks we're all a strange mix of Cockney "Mary Poppins-style" cheeky chappies and Jeeves the butler. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Word police I agree with though. I'm from the South East, where we say Barhth, Farrst, etc, and here I get laughed at coz they say baaaath, faaast etc. Happens all over the world I expect.
    I often wonder how Yanks get tarred the same as well. Besides being all patriotic and such, America is too big and people to diverse to be the same. Oft times the seemingly disregard for the rest of world is only because America itself is huge. Now if we were the size of just Texas then I'm sure we'd venture about to understand the "outside" a bit more than we do.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-01-2006 at 03:33 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post

Alot apparentlee.

Word police, lashings, your 2 main sports (soccer and soccer), shiite (Muslims), meh, I loike tay, turn off teh loite, aye mate, I'll get my coat...sir, Go the Hoops instead of Go Hoops, prim and propa, the use of Francais (honestement, apparentement, excrement) etc. for a start.
    Stubbs the Zombie is your avatar?

I loved that game.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    You've just jumped a notch higher than dave on the slope away from glebeness

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Jeez, everyone with there bloodies and there words that dont make any since to me, how many of you are from britan
    Spoiler: Show

how many are amercians/other
    I'm still trying to figure out what "pish" means.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    You've just jumped a notch higher than dave on the slope away from glebeness
    Hey, thanks man.

Besides, you're the one with the avatar.

The game was noice anyway. I eat the brains of some soldier then he's on my side, Evil Ernie stylee.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-01-2006 at 03:24 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Jeez, everyone with there bloodies and there words that dont make any since to me, how many of you are from britan

how many are amercians/other
    I'm still trying to figure out what "pish" means.
    Shit.

Don't forget ass=arse, fuck=feck,

When Americans/Canadians don't wanna curse on forums it's f*ck off you piece of sh*t.

It all means the same thing so fuck celf-sensorship. (unless you're trying to get around a word filter )
    Last edited by Busyman™; 09-01-2006 at 03:34 AM.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast