Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vampire Book Lovers...

Has anybody read Darren Shan - looks interesting.

http://www.darrenshan.com/

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Sharedaddy, you know my opinion on the Necroscope series and the spin offs.....

Brian Lumley Rocks

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. Lounge   -   #13
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@16 May 2003 - 13:05
    Sharedaddy, you know my opinion on the Necroscope series and the spin offs.....

Brian Lumley Rocks
    Yes and I am glad you noticed this string, I hope if anyone was interested your reply pushed them over the edge. Definitely worth reading, 100 percent.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Good job Fella Great series- recomended reading for non-romantic vampires
    and the uk got the best covers too

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Poster
    possibly the best books i have ever read - has no-one posted the e-branch books??

oops just noticed the second set of pics - READ THESE BOOKS
    the read Stephen King's wizard & glass books about the gunslinger absolutely amazng also

6. Lounge   -   #16
    I am glad to see someone else has read these, please post some more rants and raves, we need to turn these people on to these a bit more than current levels.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    The Necroscope and Vampire World series of books have got to be the best horror-SF books I have ever read.

If you have not read these beauties then you should get down to your local bookstore RIGHT NOW.

Harry Keogh!!! Necroscope!!! What more can I say.

(I nearly failed my degree at college bacause I got so wrapped up in these books).

8. Lounge   -   #18
    I've only read 1 of Lumley's Vampire books so far, and I really liked it. I read just about anything about vampires that I can find.

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Vampire series is also very good, for those that haven't tried it yet. Le Comte de St.Germain is the main character in most of them. Throughout the series, his quest is to find true love. He's a non-standard legendary, non-Kindred type of vampire. He can go out in daylight if he lines the soles of his shoes with native earth, for instance, although it weakens him. Definitely one of the main vampire series out there worth checking out, if you're not familiar with it.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by Bloodrose@31 May 2003 - 18:21
    I've only read 1 of Lumley's Vampire books so far, and I really liked it. I read just about anything about vampires that I can find.

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Vampire series is also very good, for those that haven't tried it yet. Le Comte de St.Germain is the main character in most of them. Throughout the series, his quest is to find true love. He's a non-standard legendary, non-Kindred type of vampire. He can go out in daylight if he lines the soles of his shoes with native earth, for instance, although it weakens him. Definitely one of the main vampire series out there worth checking out, if you're not familiar with it.
    You should really check out the rest of Lumley's collection, I have to say they are totally enthralling and hard to stop once fully engaged. Which one have you read? (if you can recall, that is)

10. Lounge   -   #20
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Both Mick Ferren and Whitley Strieber write superior vampire fiction, also.
    I'm currently reading Strieber's Lilith's Dream and enjoying it very much.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast