Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vampire Book Lovers...

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by clocker@20 June 2003 - 20:43
    Both Mick Ferren and Whitley Strieber write superior vampire fiction, also.
    I'm currently reading Strieber's Lilith's Dream and enjoying it very much.
    Have you read Lumley's books or you just basing your judgement on liking the other writers?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@25 June 2003 - 09:14

Have you read Lumley's books or you just basing your judgement on liking the other writers?
    Both.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@7 May 2003 - 07:51
    Anyone interested in Vampires and such should check out Brian Lumley and his Necroscope Series, very, very good. Here is a LINK to Brian's site and pages regarding the Necroscope series. Cold war Spies, History, ESP and just about anything else you can think of is covered in his series. Had me enthralled from the first paragraph and through-out the series, brilliantly written and well crafted.

Harry Keogh. To use an old adage, "the man, the myth, the legend."

Spanning thirteen volumes, Harry is intertwined in every one, whether it be as himself, his sons, or even Alec Kyle. You can't forget him, nor do you want to. Have some time to kill? Jump through a doorway into the vast world of the Necroscope. Oops...I haven't even mentioned the Wamphyri...but you'll find out about them soon enough.

Thought those books were based on hell for a sec...

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Believe me, you'll believe you've glimpsed hell when you visit where the Wamphyri actually come from, and how they live in their native environment...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Minux
    Hell?? Oh my yes, you would NOT want to visit starside bro! Or engage in the charms of certain of their 'ahem' ladies

Yup you guessed I'm a huge Lumley fan. His Cthulu Mythos stuff is awsome to, second only to Lovecraft himself.

L8rz...

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Originally posted by clocker+25 June 2003 - 13:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 25 June 2003 - 13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ShareDaddy@25 June 2003 - 09:14

Have you read Lumley&#39;s books or you just basing your judgement on liking the other writers?
    Both. [/b][/quote]
    That is cool then, just making sure. However I have never read Ferren or Strieber so my previous comments still remain true. As far as I am concerned there is none better than Lumley and this collection, but I will take a look at those 2 authors you mentioned, always open to new things.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    I too *loved* the vampire books by Lumley.
    I especially liked how he changed them from supernatural characters to perfectly natural and evolved characters.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    iamtheoneandonlyone's Avatar Andromeda Ascendant
    Now I&#39;m gonna have nightmares about this. I kind of like vampire books but I don&#39;t like to finish them since they get so boring at the end.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Originally posted by iamtheoneandonlyone@7 July 2003 - 03:52
    Now I&#39;m gonna have nightmares about this. I kind of like vampire books but I don&#39;t like to finish them since they get so boring at the end.
    Lumley has a knack for not being boring, try his novels, they always lead to the next. In fact the more I read his novels the more i look forward to the next, something along the lines of Stephen King&#39;s Dark Tower series, when you finish the last page you want the next book there and waiting. Where Lumley has SK beat is that the next book is or can be waiting, SK is kind of been behind on his series, too much time elapses between releases. Try these Lumley books though, nothing boring about them to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123