Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Player

Ne'tu's Avatar Member BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    That's because you have an MPEG filter in your system so that's no problem.

The best solution for video playback including HDTV is CCCP + CoreAVC.

I don't want to say too much about K-Lite, just two words: it's bloated and messes up your system.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Hmmm... If I were to install both CCCP+CoreAVC, best to uninstall KLite Codec or I can do it together?
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Uninstall K-Lite, reboot and then install CCCP and CoreAVC.

CoreAVC is shareware but it's really needed for HDTV in case you have a slower CPU. Be careful, CoreAVC installer has Haali Media Splitter included so you don't need to install that because CCCP already has it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I will give that a try after I return home I suppose. *Hopes that fixes my problems*

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Interesting.. after I uninstalled KLite and installe dthose two.. I ALWAYS got a Codec error =X and only the audio plays.

Edit: For KLMCP, I changed...

Well it seems I just clicked 'System Default' for the DirectShow Video thingy and that seemed to solve the problem.. but then in doing that.. is there a difference of anythign as I din't select VMR9?

EDIT: Ahhh that only solved the problem on PC as it doesn't transfer over to TV when I want to watch things via TV >< And yeah.. back to the same problem again.. blehs...
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 09-27-2006 at 04:04 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Go to CCCP forum, you'll easily get nice support there.

They usually have more time than me to explain and fix what's wrong.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Yay someone's method helped me and it WORKED!!! I am sooo happy, and for future reference, the thread is: Problem

And although that doesn't go into specifics, it seems the problem in a sense was Codecs as I had to switch from K-Lite Mega Codec to Nvidia PureVideo Decoder + CCCP, and that seemed to solve the problem.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    UPDATE:

Okay I am stupid but my problem was fixed and I just had to update my Video Cards Driver to a Beta one and that is where my problem came in again..

Explanation: Fix: Used Nvidia PureVideo(Standalone) and CCCP and added the Nvidia Filters into MPC and then in my Properties->Settings->Video Card-> Full Screen Video-> Put Secondary Display(TV) on{As default is Off}. And there we go problem solved my videos didn't play all choppy and I didn't need to change my Resolution on Monitor (1280x1024) to see everything perfectly on my tv that plays at (1024x768) which in the past I had to change my Monitor res everytime I played via tv....

K and then I installed the dumb beta driver that features "Pure Video" and that is when the problem came...

And after uninstalling it reinstalling it (The Standalone Nvidia PureVideo and the Driver) I am stuck at my problem...

Problem: When I watch my videos on TV.. there are Black Gaps.. Depending on Files Extension(.TS/.AVI). For .TS files the gaps would be at the top and bottom (Almost as if I am watching WideScreen), and for .AVI files, the gaps are on the left and right. Of course... If I usemy TV Remote and change the Format, .TS=>Expand, .AVI=>Zoom, then they look just fine but that is a hassle and I don't want to do that as I didn't have to before i installed the dumb beta driver... And the settings within MPC were unchanged so it isn't like I changed anything on that to make it this way as things stayed the same as when it worked just fine.

So I am left at... What might have caused this to happen? When I uninstalled/reinstalled the Video Card Drivers I used DriveCleaner Pro, so I am sure it rid the driver... Not too sure if anyone has a clue as to what my problem is.. but if you do your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

PS: If it makes any difference, this is my TV. Just look at the Product Specifications (.PDF) if it helps.
    Last edited by LilAznAccommodator; 09-30-2006 at 12:33 AM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    I do use KLite Mega Codec Pack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12