Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: where do smells go?

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
    Oh boy, the spelling police. You're wrong about the dash, by the way. My former Literature professor, who has a Masters and PhD, has corrected me before on using dashes in places of commas in instances like that. Maybe you Brits use dashes like you spell things incorrectly, such as "metre" instead of "meter," "colour," instead of "color," or "honour," instead of "honor." You can say English should be properly judged by Englishmen, but I say you're our bitch in everything else so you should listen to me in this as well. So I'm sorry if I make a few mistakes after 10hrs of classes, a full-time job, and research. I don't have time to sit by the computer all day, get my post count up, and spend hours editing like you. I'm too busy trying to do cancer research and contribute to the effort to find cures for cancer; and yes, that is plural, dumbass, and I'm not going to explain to you why. Do your homework.

Thank God Britain is our bitch and I'll be making 10x as much as you in a few years *yawn*. I used to wonder why the British follow us around whenever we decide to do something, like invade Iraq. It's not because you care as much as we do about the price of "petrol" (gas for those of us who speak English properly, or C8H18 to us chemists). It's because you guys are trying to live back in your glory days when you were actually an important country, rather than the has-beens you have become.

Oh, and two can play at the spelling game. I'm sure there are many more examples in your nearly 16,000 posts, but your sig shows it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    My word! Thank God you're not getting a B.Sc in English Language.
    Right back at you, buddy.

I didn't check all your other posts to see if you've made so many mistakes there as well, since I have a life, unlike you.

EDIT: I was just thinking, maybe Crab answered this already, but how does one get a biology degree in England without knowing what an enzyme is? I'm sure she has said or did say she knew what it was but you'd think that someone with an "honours" (honors) degree in biology would be able to ask me a more difficult question to try and stump me. Oh well, I guess the much-lauded British educational system isn't as great as it's cracked up to be.
    That's quite the inferiority complex you've got there. It appears to be manifesting itself such that you bring up your deep jealousy of the British Isles in the most unrelated of circumstance.

I won't, however, let that detract from the supreme sacrifice you made when taking the decision - after your day which included 10 hours of classes, a full time job and endeavouring to save humanity from cancer - to regale us with word-bricks.

You, sir, are a credit to your country.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post

EDIT: I was just thinking, maybe Crab answered this already, but how does one get a biology degree in England without knowing what an enzyme is? I'm sure she has said or did say she knew what it was but you'd think that someone with an "honours" (honors) degree in biology would be able to ask me a more difficult question to try and stump me. Oh well, I guess the much-lauded British educational system isn't as great as it's cracked up to be.
    I think you missed the point of Crabgirl's question, as indeed you have missed the point of most of her posts. Though whatever she has said seems to have gotten under your skin, hence the word-bricks and attacks on her whole nation.

What are you going to do if she replies again? Insult her family, her sex, her skin colour (color)?
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 10-04-2006 at 12:33 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Anyhow, science degrees are for losers. All the cool kids do Arts degrees.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567