Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help Me!, My Pc Is Crazy.

Originally posted by amphoteric88@10 May 2003 - 18:08
    having ram which is running faster than your bus speed isn't a problem
    have you checked the current bus speed in the bios?
    you want the bus speed to be 133MHz
    if the bus speed isn't at 133MHz, then set it to this and you should see an improvement
    I did change it the info is as follows

Win Xp pro
    AMD Athlon™ XP 1900+
    I,90 GHz (no more-----> 1,2 GHz)
    DDR 256MB (PC2700).

There is significant change in speed now. My shutdown is now in seconds. Pls I want to know, if I choose greater level in my CPU speed option which is 2000MHz, will it have good or bad effect?. Thanx
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    sorry I made mistake. It is ;

1,60MHz
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    good to see the problem is now fixed
    about changing the speed to 2000MHz, this is not recommended. changine the cpu speed (either by changing the cpu multiplier or fsb speed) is called overclocking and can be dangerous.
    if you&#39;re happy just now then just leave it as it is. the only reason to increase the speed would be if you were really not happy.
    and after all, an athlon 1900 is still pretty quick, better than a lot of the people on the board

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I will surely stick to your advice. I don&#39;t want to make any mistake I will regret later. Thank you very much for your time and good idea. I hope to do the same to you one day.

The same is applicable to others who conributed in one way or the other. Thanx all. B) B) B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Also, have you done in this order:
    Disk Cleanup
    Scandisk (a basic scandisk on all drives will do)
    Defrag (only really needed maybe once a month on your BOOT drive)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12