Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: crikeym8, why i got banned.

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxtorgrab View Post
    crikeym8.com.
    Well i suppose a lot of you would probley like this site but i dont. What gives them or any one the right to ban you because you dont seed back 100% on my first file. Not even a chance.
    I only have a 25 kbs upload and 1500 down speed and because i downloaded a movie in 15 mins you would think seeding for one day would be enough. But no, they said 72 hours. Am i missing something here. My one and only torrent. Yes they are fast , real fast downloads, but how about some compasion. geez But going by the amount of members they have im probley the minority here..
    Some give a week, some 72 hours, some 24. If they're that pickey, you don't need 'em I say.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Well 72 hours is the norm.

Think about it. If everyone only had to seed for 24 hours there'd be no fecking torrents left after a few days!

Anyways, on one of my fav sites you need to seed 1:1 or for 10 days and I do it on my 2/256 connection and am a power user on most sites. It can be done if you use a bit of grey matter!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Go On...........
    i seed for as long as i can one file i have been seeding for bout a month upped bout 100gig for that file alone

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    All depends on the site. Ive seen some say 1:1 and no exceptions.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Best thing for private sites is to recommend/enforce members to keep/maintain ratio of 1/1.

My point is that there are people with ultra-fast connections, who keep seeding, after they finished download, up to 10/1 or maybe 20/1.

This way there are members with ratio something like 350 and other members with poor connections and ratio 0.100 and strangling to keep it or improve it.

Provided that there is enough upload bandwidth available in bittorrent in general and especially in private trackers its a very nice idea for the sysops to encourage members to keep a balance in their ratios.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    famous45's Avatar money=happiness BT Rep: +1
    I don't have an ultra fast connection and I have no problem seeding back 1:1 or more. You just have to manage your download speed vs. your upload speed. Throttle your download speed to be closer to your upload speed and you should have no problem seeding back 1:1. Yeah its going to take longer to download that movie the you MUST have, but with slower connection speeds you have no choice.

It works for me.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    It's the rule and I think it's okay .
    We manage our download and that's fair for all members .

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    72 hours is very normal in my opinion. Also 1:1 seeding is necessary for the tracker to keep working, although many times it's really difficult to be achieved.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    No one actaully addressed the question.

"Who do they think they are.???"

They think they Own/Run the site, bottom line, Play by their rules, or play on someone elses playground!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    I always say best way to go is with a File ratio and/or amount of time the file is shared is the best way to go, since if a slow upload is hurting you then by sharing it for x amount of time you could keep your overall share index at a 1.0 and prove that you are trying to contribute.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast