Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC overheating.. WTF??

peterjohno's Avatar FOR GERRAAAAAAAARD
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Motherboard Monitor isn't being developed any more and may not work properly with recent motherboards.
    Check out Speedfan.

Really ???? fair enough chew , i stand corrected. check out major geeks site , loads of proggys on there

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    lynx's Avatar .
    Fill the case with marijuana leaves.

At first it will seem to get hot and start smoking, but after a while you will realise that everything is cool.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

At first it will seem to get hot and start smoking, but after a while you will realise that everything is cool.
    When I replaced the stock 4-pipe HSF on my x2 4400 with one lovingly handcrafted from hash, I found that temps rose considerably but neither the CPU nor I cared much.
    Coincidentally, all my default Windows sounds morphed into snippets from Dark Side of the Moon.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK View Post
    Seriously, something as simple as blowing the dust n fluff out of the CPU heatsink/fan can sometimes make a big difference.
    Get a can of compressed air from your nearest computer seller type person and blow all the dust out that you can find inside the case.
    See how that improves things.
    Yah, and when you do that you may consider installing some dust filters to avoid having to dust every 2-3 months...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by lynx View Post

LMFAO!
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12