Page 362 of 462 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365372412 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 4614

Thread: What is the latest movie you watched and what did you think of it?

The Social Network (more or less forced to watch it), however not as bad as I presumed it would be.
    BitTorrent in 3 Pictures

2. Movies & TV   -   #3612
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by mR.d@hLa! View Post
    The Social Network (more or less forced to watch it), however not as bad as I presumed it would be.
    It's probably going to score a few Oscar nominations so it can't be that terrible .
    Btw David Fincher has never made a bad movie ( OK Alien 3 was a bit of a depressing mess) so storyline and cast aside I'd never presume that any film of his was going to suck.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3613
    Actually I just did not care about a Zuckerberg biography in the first place where about 80% are simply made up or pure speculation. Yet, the film was quite entertaining but nothing beyond that.
    BitTorrent in 3 Pictures

4. Movies & TV   -   #3614
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Dear John (2010 )

It's been criticized for losing focus in the middle act ,which is true ,and being above average on the treacle scale ( which is also true) but it is what it is and as such I think it works just fine.

First let me say that I'm a fan of director Lasse Hallestrom ,he of the idylic and the melancholy , and I would probably sit through a film of his if it was nothing but a 90 minute shot of a tree swaying in the wind.
    Dear John fortunately ,whatever it's faults, is definitely more than that.

The main and most important thing is the romantic leads ,Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum are both "real" and likable . You ( at least I did ) root for these people and when the inevitable "boy loses girl" part occurs you definitely hope (even though it's a foregone conclusion) that somewhere in the third act they "find " each other again.
    Besides that any movie that casts the kid from E.T. as pseudo-villain is alright by me.

Anyway as romantic films go not on a level with The Notebook but a million times better than anything starring Jennifer Aniston or Katherine Heigel.

6.5 as a movie, 7.5 as a romance movie.
    Actually should probably rate it higher since any movie that can make me appreciate Channing Tatum must be doing something right.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #3615
    Poster
    30.Days.of.Night.Dark.Days.1010
    8/10

6. Movies & TV   -   #3616
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stefan88 View Post
    30.Days.of.Night.Dark.Days.1010
    8/10
    no way, but if u insist. part 1 was pretty good imo. a lot better than 2. i'd give part 1 the 7/10 and part 2 gets maybe 2/10.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Movies & TV   -   #3617
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Jennifer Aniston
    Can't believe she's 41. Must be a Greek thing?

Wog Boy 2: Kings of Mykonos

I was a huge fan of Wog Boy 1, being a Greek myself and living in Australia, it's very easy to relate to Steve Karamitsis character (Nick Giannopoulos). However Wog Boy 2 captured nothing that Wog Boy 1 offered. I was actually ashamed to watch it. There was nothing funny throughout the film and it was as if Nick was a typical Australian visiting Greece.

The plot was slow but ended up finishing in a cliche type of way. Watch it if you're not planning on seeing a comedy.

Not meaning to brag as I have no directing of writing experience but I could do better. Steve Karamitsis inherits a beach but has to pay for the tax. How the fuck can you possible fuck that up and not make it into a comedy
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 10-12-2010 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Movies & TV   -   #3618
    Poster
    Jonah Hex 2010
    6.5/10

9. Movies & TV   -   #3619

The Ice Storm (1997) - Elijah Wood looks just like Tobey Maguire.Through the whole movie i was like what the fuck is going on.For awhile i thought it would be explained but it never did.It wasn't untill the credits i saw.I figured the character was in two places at once or was edited differently.
    4/10

10. Movies & TV   -   #3620

7/10

It was good, but I prefer the Kevin Costner version.