Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why on Earth do you guys still...

Quote Originally Posted by peterjohno View Post
    Hmm, kazaa,s a good back up these days , your right in what you say . Its just down to progression , i first used morpheus , then kazaa, then bit torrents , now usenet . I want the fastest way possible, and at present , its usenet.
    I've tried Usenet but it seems WAY limited compared to having accounts at the top 3 or 4 private trackers. Or am I missing something? I got an account at Easynews and haven't found a single THING that's not available on the private BT trackers. TL and OiNK have great speeds, since so many seeders paranoid about their ratios, so what's the advantage of Usenet and the archaic interface, multiple files to worry about, etc..

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    Quote Originally Posted by susannathom View Post
    Hmm, kazaa,s a good back up these days , your right in what you say . Its just down to progression , i first used morpheus , then kazaa, then bit torrents , now usenet . I want the fastest way possible, and at present , its usenet.
    I've tried Usenet but it seems WAY limited compared to having accounts at the top 3 or 4 private trackers. Or am I missing something? I got an account at Easynews and haven't found a single THING that's not available on the private BT trackers. TL and OiNK have great speeds, since so many seeders paranoid about their ratios, so what's the advantage of Usenet and the archaic interface, multiple files to worry about, etc..

Thanks!
    No uploading and having to maintain silly ratios, top speeds no matter what and no-one can see what you're downloading.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    SomeIdiot's Avatar I'll show ye..
    Quote Originally Posted by SeK612 View Post
    Besides at the very least Kazaa and it's ilk server keeps the RIAA busy rather than them pouring their resources into crippling the BT network (which they will no doubt attempt to do once Kazaa and the others begin to fall).
    Exactly! We gotta have decoys.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    i use kazaa every so often, for random things i want to find.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    n00b
    I used Kazaa-lite for years, thought it was awesome. But when I got a taste of bittorents... I wouldnt even go back if there wasnt anything else to down load. It spoiled me that much!!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    smalle's Avatar Belgian Waffle Lover
    if i'm looking for a song i can't seem to find anywhere i use limewire pro, got much more search result compared to kazaa, and its without spyware!

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by lobsterbait View Post
    I have always found Kazaa to be spyware filled and everytime I would boot it up my computer would go dead slow. I'm suprized there is people still using Kazaa.
    Funny, I've always found my k++ to be spyware free and it regularly used to get great DL speeds. I can search for files I want, Files don't have to be "active" in order to DL them. And I could go online and do other stuff at the same time with no lag.

I tried bitcomet and it first made my machine run so slowly and interfered with my browsing speed. So much so that after obtaining the files I wanted I never used it again, until the other week, Surprisingly it did not affect my computer at first, but after a week or so it is now seriously affecting my computer speed again. I suspect this is because I recently re-installed my Windows and my Drive C: had a lot of room on it. over the last weeks my C drive has become full again. Only bitcomet though causes a lag, kazaa has no effect.

I am about to dip my toes into emule for the first time so I'll see how that goes.

Recently Kazaa user numbers have plummeted to about 700,000. 3million was the figure only a few months ago. I have no idea why they all left. This drop in users could finally be the end of kazaa.

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    what's in a title?
    I don't mean to laugh at you but your progression here is really off. Usenet was the first thing I ever used to download files. I was a member of all the warez sites and private FTP sites. Then that faded and along came morpheus to Kazaa and now torrents.
    Cristina

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    i think a combo of p2p will work great ... in limewire there is always a problem of dud files.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 121 View Post
    ... use Kazaa when all those awesome bittorrent sites exist? I use Kazaa on rare occasions to download the odd tune but other than that it's dead in the water

..heh.. You have answered you own question ... maybe you should do a little less and a little more

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast