Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can someone explain mice?

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    i've got Logitech MX518, a good mouse is really another feeling
    and yes i do use DPI on the fly chaning buttons, it's very handy not only in games but in photoshop too

by the way if you set your mouse to, say 2000dpi this doesn't mean that the pointer speed is the fastest

you can control the pointer speed in windows, so the pointer speed will be the desired speed, but the precision will be better than 800 dpi mouse

you choose the highest dpi setting on mouse, adjust the pointer speed in your OS to the one you like and will use most
    then you can use dpi changing button - if it will lower the dpi the pointer speed will get slower
    nice. i was waiting to hear something like this. thx.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
    i've got Logitech MX518, a good mouse is really another feeling
    and yes i do use DPI on the fly chaning buttons, it's very handy not only in games but in photoshop too

by the way if you set your mouse to, say 2000dpi this doesn't mean that the pointer speed is the fastest
    True, but to me, the whole point of having a high-dpi mouse is to have high speed, and high precision at the same time.

So I'll set the sensitivity to max, use the default pointer speed (If I remember it right), and use the highest dpi (as in the pic).

It seems to me, anyway, that when running at a lower sensitivity, the difference from a less precise mouse feels less obvious.

If I wanted things to move really fast, tho', I'd turn on acceleration and kick up the pointer speed to max as well (no fun doing that, tho')
    Last edited by Snee; 11-01-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123