Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need An Answer

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    Originally posted by m8t@10 May 2003 - 16:26

hi there !
    i think the right answer has been given already. my processor is almost the same as yours, and the only time this problem occurs for me is due to poor video editing from other end(due to their slow processor). get yourself Virtual Dub Sync and drop this video in there and this freeware programme will automatically syncronise video/audio in no time.
    regards
    m8t
    where can I get this m8t?

Ive opened the file into virtualdub but dont know what to do with it

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Bebi, give us an example of a film that does this out of synch thing and someone should be able to tell if it's just your computer doing it.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 17:13
    Bebi, give us an example of a film that does this out of synch thing and someone should be able to tell if it's just your computer doing it.
    anything big enough like 700mb, the picture will lag and the sound will be out of sync because the picture is falling behind

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    So it's definitely the speed of your computer. Re-editing or synching the video will not do anything cos the file itself is already in synch.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by Skillian@10 May 2003 - 17:28
    So it's definitely the speed of your computer. Re-editing or synching the video will not do anything cos the file itself is already in synch.
    Well I know that, but the original post fo the topic was "is there anyway around it?"

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    I know you know that (although then why are you using virtualdub ), it was for the benefit of all the people that said re-edit/re-synch the video.

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    If your running XP it could be because you need the latest Microsoft Directx Runtime.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Poster

hi there Bebi !
    all video editing programmes eg:- Adobe Premiere- Ulead Media Studio Pro- Sonic Foundry Vegas Video +DVD- Virtual Dub Sync are all available on K++ if indeed it is only a software problem. they all by default sync video/audio on every project. the largest file i did in Virtual Dub Sync was only 250 megs, it did the job perfectly. using Virtual Dub Sync, simply open file into window and then press play button(these are all greyed out ,but don't be fooled they do work once clicked with mouse) personally i use Adobe and Sonic for all big projects they do mpeg 2 and so on.i f you could possibly play this file on a friends Pentium four it would eliminate many question marks.
    regards
    m8t

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    1. Make sure your codecs are set up right.
    2. Try BSPlayer, it has settings that may help.
    3. Try program like SpeedUpMyPC to help free up RAM.
    4. Buy more RAM, its cheap, $20 - $25 per 64MB or less.

Good Luck.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Here's another thought ... assuming he's using something other than Windows XP. It's almost certain that his hard drive is DMA compatible. But sometimes, during Windows setup, DMA is not enabled. My last system was a 450mhz AMD-K6-2 and attempting video captures flat-out didn't work. But, when I discovered my DMA was not enabled and then enabled it, it was like giving my system amphetemines .

Anyhoo, if he's using anything other than XP, he should probably check out this page to see if his DMA is enabled ... and enable it if it isn't. This assumes processor speed is the root problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast