Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: For No Particular Reason

WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    hmmm...good point! My 2nd oldest sister is quite *ahem* large...

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    There's always a solution! Use slepping pills or a strong accomplice! Ask Lamsey

3. Lounge   -   #53
    I think he tries to avoid that particular sister at all costs...but I'll suggest it!

4. Lounge   -   #54
    What did I say? There's always a solution... Buy him a few pints! Mix alcohol and testosterone...

Wasn't this about books in the first place? I'll just have read it again, that way i'll probably be able to do some interresting comment... I hope.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    I also started reading and writing at 2. My parents were very active in my development as a child. The first book I remember reading though was the Hobbit. My Dad took it away from me when I was about 7, (I had already read a few times), and I cried for hours.

By then I was going to the library anyway.

Best author? Poul Anderson.
    Best team? Poul Anderson and Larry Niven

In High School I found Heinlen rather simple appealing to the smut crowd more than the science fan base. Though not all of it is bad.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Poster
    You honestly started reading at two?

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Lamsey's mum says that when he was two he used to wander around the supermarket with her and read out labels of the stuff on the shelves...she remembers being impressed by "dis-en-fec-tant - look mummy! Disenfectant!"

At that age I was at a similar stage to my nephew David - "Look! I've got legs!"

8. Lounge   -   #58
    He isn't the only one: my grandmother was a former teacher... So I was trained to read really early. Writing came later though! I wasn't interrested in writing line after line of A, B, C... I just wanted to read nice stories (well, the ones you think nice when you're a kid&#33
    But now, reading's one of my great pleasures in life. Wouldn't be able to survive without reading for more than 2-3 days, actually!

9. Lounge   -   #59
    TRshady
    The first (proper) books I remember reading were "charlotttes web" and "the little ghost".
    ahhhh, the memories

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Poster
    I also remember the Famous Five & Secret Seven books by Enid Blyton. Infact, I think I still have them somewhere.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast